facebook

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Another Christmas Holiday

For everyone who wanted a White Christmas if you were here in "Okie" land you got one. I wasn't one of them, I had plans and don't like them to be disrupted which included being around my family. I only have to travel to Kellyville which is about 25 minutes to my parents house but wasn't sure if we would be going. We got up Christmas morning to an awesome, bright shining sun. I took a little test drive around town in my new car to see how it handled this stuff, it was easier to navigate, stop and go then my smaller car was. Jeremy was buckled in and off we went. The only trouble I had was a hill by my parents, you have to go down a hill and then up another hill so there was no time to build up speed but the car dug in and up the hill we went. We came home before it got dark, didn't want to drive home in the dark. My mom started a tradition a few years back, where she bakes a ham and we all bring snack foods and we munch, my dad makes taboli, not the traditional Christmas dinner but we all like the freedom of not having to cook. We ate, the kids exchanged gifts, ate, we played dirty Santa, ate, set around and played with kids toys, ate, visited, ate and then ate more. I think all I did was eat. Jeremy got a tonka set, granny got him some new PJ's I put on him last night and he looked so grown up. I watched him last night for about 15 minutes play with his little firetruck, just like a little boy does. I was going to buy Jeremy a new doll, he loves to play with them, take care of them but he's outgrown them and is now starting to play with his little trucks he has, oh and his new tent and tunnel. I got up this morning, purchased us a new 7 ft. pre-lit Christmas tree, that way if Jeremy takes off all the ornaments it would still look pretty. I also got decorations for the outside, which included a 6 ft inflatable snowman, 4 ft inflatable bear, some star and candy cane icicle lights, a door decorations, and some pathway snowmen lights. We haven't decorated the outside, but Jeremy is getting older and think he might enjoy it. I took down the tree and all the decorations today and boxed them up and put back in storage.

I also found out that on Wed we go see the new physician in Columbia, MO on Thursday, January 28 to get his opinion, find out what his plans are.

I am off until Monday, January 4, it's suppose to be cold and rainy so not sure what we will do but I can find something inside for Jeremy to do.

No comments: