facebook

Monday, August 8, 2011

Last year....

I was putting my precious boy to bed Saturday night, he was exhausted from the weekend fun we had at the OGE lineman's expo.  His little precious face and it made me think of where we were at this time last year.  My life was rocked and I was living one of worse nightmares 358 miles away from home in Columbia, Missouri at the University of Missouri Children's Hospital.  Jeremy had survived the anteior release surgery but we were running an MRI to check for a spinal cord injury and he couldn't maintain his blood pressure so it was a trick to get him to the MRI machine, plus to sedate him.  They didn't know why J wasn't moving his lower extermities but it was a concern at that point.  I was getting Jeremy ready for church on Sunday morning and thought, man I really hate scoliosis and what it has taken from Jeremy and how it's changed our lives.  When we got to church they had announcements and J's birthday was in the bulletin.  The preacher asked us what we were thankful for, some mentioned but in my mind I was thinking, J and he's turning 12 this year and much as I hate scoliosis, what about all the doctors who have dedicated their lives to finding and treating scoliosis.  Our Dr. Dan came to my mind, who after already leaving, when Dr. Robertson called him he came back up to the hospital, cleared the hallway for Jeremy, stayed with Jeremy while the MRI was going on, and talked with me on the results and offered to take my mom to the motel room.  I seen this doctor with great concern over the next 12 days try to figure out why this happened, what it meant and how do we treat it next. 

This was our OGE lineman's expo weekend since we missed last year for the 1st time in 9 years I was so super excited that we got to go.  I got to say this was the best year for Jeremy, he had so much fun and really enjoyed it.  My best friend, Kelly and I always volunteer to work.  This year we thought we were settling for the snow-cones but decided that it rocks and that is what we are going to work in the future.  Due to extreme heat everything was moved up an hour, so we worked from 7am to 9:30am.  My 3 nephews went with us and on the way to Oklahoma City I could hear Jeremy in the back seat laughing.  He had a good time and lots of fun.  We went swimming in the pool.  Jeremy loved the swings and where I was working I had a front row view of him, I could see him pushing his head back, laughing, kicking his feet.  He enjoyed the jupiter jump, went down the slide a few times with my nephew.  He went to the petting zoo, he huged a baby kangaroo, petted a wolf.  Jeremy was so tired by the time we left at 11 he didn't even fight me to put him in his car seat and 30 minutes on the road he was passed out.  He only slept about 30 minutes because I had to stop at Stroud for a break and he woke up.  My sister came and got the boys about 3pm and we were both exhausted.  I found Jeremy about 4pm, sitting on the kitchen floor upright with his head slumped over he was worn out and had fell asleep.  I put him on the couch and he slept til 8pm, got up to eat a bite and then I put him back to bed.  I enjoyed the nice quiet house and my own bed after sleeping in a bed with 1 nephew and Jeremy it was nice to have my bed.  

Here are a few pictures of the fun....
I love this

Home of the "orange" OGE Proud ! 

Yes, J was holding a baby kangaroo
J on the swings (you can see his blonde head) he loved it
 

No comments: