facebook

Friday, July 29, 2011

My lack of faith....

"Your father knoweth what things ye have need of, before you ask him." Matthew 6:8
This is my typical human behavior sometimes.  I pray and ask God for something, I don't wait on the answer or I get an answer but don't think it's the right one.  I asked God for the verse to start the blog and this was the first verse in my box I read, I thought no, stuck it back in the box, shook up the box twice and each time it was sticking straight out.  I actually focused on the words the second time around.  

We had to make an adjustment back to real life this week after playing for 3 days of last week and taking a break.  It was a little tough on both of us.  Jeremy did excellent for PT on Monday morning he worked really hard, he then had SLP and OT with no time for a nap.  I had volunteered at the Children's Hospital to help take some of the Tulsa Shock players around and then I visited with families.  I arrived home to a very tired little boy.  Tuesday, Jeremy had OT, SLP, his new nurse started and his dad came to visit him, there was lot going on and no time for a nap so he was totally exhausted.  J hadn't been sleeping well this week, his tone is changing, his legs twitch at night or while he is trying to rest and he will stretch his legs out as far as he can.  When the nurse went to cath him on Tuesday she got a large amount of white sediments, Cyrus sent it for culture.  J never ran a fever, he was tired, acting fine and was wetting diapers like crazy.  When we cathed him that evening we got some white sediments, since that time is urine has been cloudy but each time it gets clearer.  I have been putting J to bed early for him to get extra rest, pushing water through him, he's still not ran any fever and we are back to no wet diapers.  I was excited to get to attend the in-service that Dr. Mark Willits, New Pediatric Ortho surgeon for St. Francis Children's gave to hospital staff yesterday evening.  I'm excited of the positive change this is going to bring to so many families.  He is family-focused, not afraid of complex children with syndrome diagnose and mentioned he had got with Engineering on building a wheel-chair and walker for halo traction.  

We are now almost down to count-down of 3 weeks until J is a big Middle school boy.  I'm praying that Misty, J's Para for the past 3 years and HTS for the past 2 years gets to go with him to help ease this transition plus he will continue to progress.  Misty has worked so hard with Jeremy this summer and because of her hard work, he's had an amazing summer with so much progression of skills he had lost over the last part of the school year.  J will not know what to think if Misty isn't there.  

Here are some pictures of J's week.   

Mr. attitude








Happy J

Working on Nook



He fell asleep after Misty took him out of gait trainer

Life skill-brushing teeth

    




No comments: