facebook

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Vacation 2011

We left Wednesday morning around 8am, we made it all the way to Lebandon, Missouri before stopping for lunch about 12:30am, then a drive down the street for our first Dairy Queen stop.... Oreo cheesequake oh it was good....
J wearing his crown eating lunch 


OH yea baby.....
 
Then we headed to Camdenton, Missouri to check into our motel and go to the Orion Science Museum to play for a while.  I had checked out their website and figured Jeremy would enjoy the hands-on, it was really just to hot to do any of the outside activities.  Here are some of the things we did.  The little guy at the end, was so cute and I wanted to take him home.   
Moses and the burning bush

Granny, I told her to stick her finger in there...

My new boyfriend, didn't realize he was from Star-Wars.  Don't we look so happy




Yes, Jeremy searched out a ball


J and Granny doing a puzzle

J doing a puzzle...

David and the stone, I was telling J the story

We then went back to the motel, we were hot at that point and was going to wait on our friends, Kyle & Heidi, Maydsen and Zayden to arrive and swim with us at the pool.  We had a great visit with them, and I got lots of loving from Zayden, I love that little guy.  They opened up their birthday gifts, Jeremy got his birthday gift as well.  We then ordered pizza from Pizza hut and was in bed by 9pm. 

We left about 10:30am to head for our appointment but first stop was the Osage Beach outlet mall, I like the Gap outlet, got 4 new shirts and a pair of jeans and then on to Columbia, Missouri.  We grabbed lunch at White Castle and then on to Dr. Dan's office.  Dr. Dan was pleased with all of the amazing progress Jeremy has done since we saw him in April.  I hadn't told him that Jeremy was starting to take steps with his walker and Jeremy did take a few steps in his walker for Dr. Dan and he said, "you are just a miracle".  The scoliosis has not progressed so he wants to continue to allow J more time to progress until we have to fuse the spine, he wants Jeremy to get some longer AFO to help support him.  Great appointment and what I really expected it to be.  We go back in 3 months.  We left his office, headed to Buck's http://bucks.missouri.edu/.  I had a friend from Columbia tell me about it and it was right down the street from Dr. Dan's and on our way to Children's.  They make their own ice-cream right there on campus and it was yummy, J got Cookies n' cream, I settled for Rocky road, and Granny- strawberry-banana yogurt.  We got to the 5th floor and was greeted by Kelsey, Lauren, and not to far was Caitlyn, Corrine, Amber and then J's favorite nurse Shelley showed up and he was in heaven with all the attention and they were feeding him ice-cream.  I am again not sure why I didn't snap a picture of that.  J took off crawling right into the playroom, where he felt right at home and Lauren played ball with him and then she took us to the PICU.  We got to visit with several of the nurses and Dr. Wankum.  We left and headed to our motel and shortly thereafter our guest, Julia and Mr. David arrived with their nurse.  We visited for a while, gave David his birthday gift and Jeremy got a new book, gun with balls so he was in heaven.  We then went down to the pool, played a game of water volleyball with another girl there, sit in the hot tub and Jeremy was having fun in the pool there were several beach balls around.  David was getting tired and I was exhausted at that time so we said our good-byes, I tried to get some pictures of the boys but Jeremy wouldn't cooperate.  I walked across the street to Burger King and grabbed dinner.   

We got up the next morning, loaded up the car and started our 6 hour journey back to Oklahoma.  We stopped in Lebandon at the Dairy queen as our first rest stop, double chocolate blizzard baby along with strawberry lemonade and I-44 to Tulsa.  We arrived home at 3:30pm and I'm not sure who was more tired me or Jeremy.  Jeremy raided the fridge, he hadn't ate a great deal on the trip so I just let him snack.  Papa had bought us up a 1/2 watermelon and 2 small cantelopes that I cut up and J snacked on them, and they were nice and sweet.  My OCD self got everything put in it's place, started laundry, got all my trip receipts recorded in my check-book and then we laid on the couch and we were both asleep.  We were in bed before 8pm.  

The trip was fun, relaxing, whatever, whenever, seen so many of our friends but it was good to get back home........

No comments: