facebook

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Certain things about tomorrow I do not understand, but I know who holds the future and I know he holds my hand....

We went back to see Dr. Dan, on December 10 and I have to say it was nice to just have a 10 hour day verses a 2 day trip, especially with the busy time of the year and a bonus because we can make it in under 12 hours our home health nurse was approved to go with us, so I focus on driving and Jeremy was able to stay on target with all his medical stuff.
We had a good visit with Dr. Dan, he was impressed with Mr. J ability and motor use, he was showing off his walker skills and even reverted to using a chair on rollers to get around the office.  The visit also produced some not so great news, but news that I knew we would one day get because Jeremy’s spine never allowed us to place the rods.  Jeremy’s curve is now starting to get into his left lung area, which goes along with the news we received from our cardiologist this past summer that his heart is showing to be compacted.  Jeremy’s spine is sensitive and just doesn’t do well with surgery.  His blood pressure drops dangerously low and his blood starts shunting to his internal organs to keep them going, so he loses motor activity as well as 3 units of blood.  He then spends 3-4 days with an arterial line on total BP meds just to get his to a normal level, then time being deep suctioned to keep the stuff out of his lungs.  January 28, 2010, was a day of mourning for me, it forever changed our lives.  GOD used that time to grow me in such a painful way, learning is never easy.  Jeremy still can only handle 4 days of school and when he is tired or not feeling good reality is, life slows down for us.  That is how I came up with the title to this post, I don’t always know about tomorrow but the great news is the GOD who knows the future is the same one who holds our hands.

               Here are a few pictures of our Christmas decoration.  I have to say, Mollie has had a blast with the tree, she likes to hide out behind it and when I pick up an ornament she jumps out and attacks you.  
The Battle, Mollie is too close 

Mollie stole the Grinch !!!!!

Thanksgiving day 

The tree when J and Mollie leaves alone



No comments: