facebook

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Here's to another Great year....

Here is to the end of another great year!!!!!

I started vacation on Friday, Dec 20, but just like Oklahoma with our wild weather we got hit with an ice storm.  I got called in to work and vacations cancelled.  I ended up working 8 hours on Saturday, 13 hours on Sunday, and a few hours on Monday.  I then started vacation and since I simplified our holidays we were able to just enjoy the time, took lots of naps.    

As I reflect over the past year we had some pretty significant changes in our life.  I don’t think anything could have prepared me for the loss of my earthly dad, the man who always had a presence in my life, I’ve known my entire life was now gone.  My brother called me on Thursday, Jan 10 and dad peacefully took his last breath approximately 3am on Saturday, January 12.  I have to say that during that time I never remember physically having a sense of comfort in my life. 

The other big change, after 5 years of a legal separation is our divorce was final on January 15.  I have primary custody of Jeremy but his dad is allowed to see him when he wishes.    
I continue my job at OG&E, the job continues to be a blessing; it provides a good income, great health insurance.  We went through some significant changes as teams would be formed to determine job duties and titles.  I assumed some of the Shawnee Scheduler duties as part of my daily duties.  When I went on vacation in June, they moved Shawnee to our Metro Oklahoma City and the Scheduler in Muskogee retired.  I am now Muskogee/Sapulpa Scheduler, I absorbed her duties.  I have been busy, learning new area and people.  It has been great, I do love being busy.  I continue to be a Patient Navigator with the Oklahoma Family Network, which has always been my mission and passion to help families who have children with special needs.    
     
Jeremy continues to remain strong and make steady improvement.  Jeremy did miss the last week of school and I was disappointed because he missed his 7th grade graduation and he was strong enough to use his stroller to walk across the stage.  I think Jeremy not getting to go and then knowing my dad wouldn’t get to see him, was upsetting.  Memorial day, it happened as quick as it could and you’re always told it can.  We had a relaxing morning, cool weather, Jeremy outside playing.  We come into the house; he had a seizure and fell back.  To the ER we go and surgery was scheduled for the next day as his tubing came loose from the shunt.  The good news is we still have the same shunt.  It did take him a little longer to recover, but the rest of the summer was uneventful not even an UTI.  We took a 3 day mini-vacation, went through a drive through safari, and had fun relaxing in the hot tub/pool at the motel.   Jeremy started Jr. High and is doing well, they love him and he’s Mr. Social boy anyway.  I have found he is quit a little cut-up.  It was disappointing to find the scoliosis has progressed and for the first time Dr. Dan could see it getting into the left lung on the X-ray.
 
We grew as a family, and now have Mollie the cat who is quite honestly has lot of the same traits as Jeremy; they make a great team and life interesting. 

We continue to attend Sapulpa Bible Church and are blessed beyond words to find this fellowship of believers, to worship in song and word with such a great body.  We love them all. 


We say Good-bye to 2013 and we welcome 2014, God in our lives, our trust and faith in him.  

Jeremy and I will be celebrating in our usual way, out at Granny's spend the night and more than likely be in bed by 8pm....

No comments: