facebook

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A blast from my past...

I am such a sentimental person, love old pictures of my family and family traditions. This picture was taken back in 1969, with my Papa and Mama somewhere in Arkansas which is where my grandparents and most my cousins lived. This is my mom's parents who both have passed away. I have fond memories of going to their house during the summer for a visit, getting to play with my cousins and being around my grandparents. My aunt sent this picture she had scanned and I printed it off and put it in a picture frame for mom for Christmas. This is my Papa Smothers who is holding my baby brother, James. Mama Smothers is holding my cousin Tommy. The little girl who has her face hidden by Papa is my oldest sister Angie and I'm the little blond head girl that is looking at her holding a suitcase. My cousin Lynn is the boy next to me, my cousin Tammy is next to him. My cousin Connie is holding my younger sister Jean, then my cousin Donna, and my cousin Jimmy holding my cousin Rita. If you can believe it there are many more cousins who weren't born yet. One of which is my youngest sister Evelyn so I told her this is the "A" team of grandchildren. I want the same thing for Jeremy. I am truly blessed with my family, we all live fairly close to each other, and do things together all the time. My parents still live out by Lake Heyburn in Kellyville in the exact same house that I started 1st grade in. It's a blessing and Jeremy is getting to grow up in a close relationship with his one set of grandparents, his 10 cousins and aunts and uncles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool I wish I had my family that close to me. Good for you and Jermey!