facebook

Thursday, February 5, 2009

We are thawing and is spring almost here....

The groundhog saw his shadow on Monday so that means 6 more week of winter, and the first part of the week it has been somewhat chilly. That ends today when it is suppose to hit the 60's and keep warming up from there at least until next Wednesday. We just enjoy what we got while we have it and this means some really nice outdoor days for Jeremy which is always a plus for him.

Jeremy had an appt w/ Dr. Cyrus our Pediatrician yesterday for our medicine re-check and HE GAINED A WHOLE ENTIRE POUND since December. It was funny because Monday evening Jeremy actually finished an entire container of cream cheese, it was the fruit dip kind that has strawberry & yogurt so it was light, but last night he polished off the honey nut cream cheese, so go figure. I've been on a "strict" diet since January 19 and have lost 12 pds and 5.75 inches and I can only eat fat free foods, but I purchased the cream cheese for my OFN training on Saturday so when it all didn't get ate I brought it home so it was win-win, it helped Jeremy and it helps me get rid of that temptation. Jeremy is working really well for Stacie the SLP, and we are starting a plan to get him more inclusive into the typical 3rd grade classroom. Matt our behavior teacher went with us to the appointment and then came over yesterday evening and Jeremy showed him some of his new help skills he has been working on.

This evening we have 3 Oklahoma State University, OT/PT students which is part of their curriculum to do some family centered work. They will get to know Jeremy, his diagnose, they will watch him in several different settings and then get a plan put together for him. It's good for the students and Jeremy is a really good case study. We did this several years ago but have backed out for many years but we are going to do what we can to help.

I should be able to get some good pictures and or video this weekend with it being so nice and spring like. I've got Sibshops on Saturday from 10:30 to 1:30pm and then on Sunday after church we are celebrating my dad's birthday at my parents with all my siblings. I'm sure there will be a game of something involved in this, most likely our famous kickball game and since I've been on this diet and loosing weight I'm getting more energy and feel like playing. On father's day Jeremy actually initiated play w/ his cousins so I'm thinking he will probably play a little more with me out there.

No comments: