facebook

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jeremy's 10th Birthday

Today, Jeremy turns 10 years old. It's hard to believe that 10 years ago we entered St. Francis Hospital at 6am, after carefully looking around the nursery one last time and telling the baby, "this is it, this is the day that I finally get to meet you and you get to meet mommy". I was so excited not knowing if we were going to have a Kayla Dawn or a Jeremy Ray.

Jeremy Ray entered the world at exactly 9am by an emergency C-section, shortly after Dr. Lunn (My awesome OB/GYN) broke my water the baby's heart rate started dropping dangerously low, it was determine the baby was in fetal distress and off we went. I was so scared and prayed to GOD, once they told me the baby's heart rate was so much better I felt better. It was the most awesome experience I've ever had was to be shown my baby boy for the first time and look into them precious eyes, knowing this is what I've been doing for the past 9 months. Jeremy did overall fairly well that day, had apgar scores of 9 and 9. It was 12:30pm when our Pediatrician, Dr. Scott Cyrus came in and told us that he suspected Jeremy had hydrocephalus. I've said it before it didn't matter what Dr. C said to us all I heard is there is something wrong with my baby. Jeremy had to go into EOPC that night, and the ride down there was so lonely, scary, you just know if your baby is there they are sick, there is some reason they need to be there. Jeremy was going to have surgery the next morning to place his first shunt to help drain the CSF from his brain into his tummy, since he couldn't get rid of the fluid on his own.

Here are some pictures of his birthday weekend, we had his birthday party Friday evening at the Liberty Splash pad, then Saturday we took a trip to the Oklahoma Aquarium. We went to church, stayed for dinner and then evening service.

Happy Birthday to my Miracle Jeremy Ray, whose had endured more the past 10 years then most people do all their life, and has taught his mom more than I ever imagined. I love you and couldn't imagine my life any different than what the past 10 years have been.





No comments: