facebook

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Not so great news...

The X-ray we took at Dr. Anagnost office on Tuesday showed that it looks as though the scoliosis has progressed a little more, but that wasn't the worst news it has also started to rotate in which it hadn't done that. That is the reason he is started to get a hump even more prominent on his back. Needless to say he wasn't pleased, said he was hoping we wouldn't see that until Jeremy was 12 to 13 years old to never. He said the increase could be the difference between the old facility X-ray and the new so that didn't concern him. He agreed that a Spine MRI would be in our best interest, since Jeremy would be out and we wouldn't have to rely on him standing still and getting the shot at just the right time, it could be compared to the one we did 5-6 years ago. He will order a brain MRI at the same time, since we will be scheduled to see Dr. Marouk forthcoming this will save a CT scan later on, plus Dr. Marouk suggested we do periodic MRI. I'm going to coordinate with our orthodist to get him to brace Jeremy while he is out and sedated so we get a good cast. I love Dr. Anagnost because can sit and talk to him and he answers my questions honestly. I asked him would he get a growing rod if he has to have surgery and he said yes, and I asked how long and it depends on the MRI, how well the brace is holding him in. He said it is great that it has not slowed down his mobility or he isn't having any breathing problems or organ issues. Praise GOD for that.

I'm starting research into facilities, he mentioned Shriner's which is an option but he suggested the one in PA since he did his residency there and they did spinal surgeries on kids from the Shriner's but I don't know if I would get that option to go where I wanted. I'm checking into St. Lois Children's, Dallas Children's, I've heard both places do a great deal of spinal surgeries.

Please pray for Jeremy, my first prayer is that he doesn't have to have the surgery that GOD starts healing that spine, but pray for him as he has the MRI, which will have to be under general. Pray for Jeremy's medical team as they start running these test and start consulting each other. Pray for me as I start to make some of the decisions. Pray that if Jeremy needs this surgery that GOD sends us to the physician, facility that he has prepared for Jeremy to have this surgery at.

No comments: