facebook

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall findings...

We went to see Dr. Winder on Monday, this is an appointment due to recent events I have rescheduled several times, but we were not too far past our 6 month check. There was a possibility at our last appointment that Jeremy had a cavity but Dr. Winder combines his work with other procedures and was excited to find out we were having surgery this past summer, but then disappointed to find out it was going to be in Missouri. Dr. Winder felt this could wait.

It was such an awesome, cool, nice morning and we had a leisure drive into T-town, Jeremy was in such a good mood. On the way to the appointment I kept thinking I really need to get Jeremy some follow-up appointments with Dr. Hall (ENT), Dr. Groves (Eyes), Dr. Kayser (Genetics). The appointment went well, Jeremy climbed in the chair and I thought he is going to sit there and let them clean his teeth well that thought didn’t last long. The good news is I only had to hold down his hands this time. Jeremy does have a cavity and it needs to be fixed and at the same time Dr. Winder will check his teeth real good and do X-rays. We have a Pre-op appointment at St. Francis Children’s on Nov. 1, Dr. Cyrus on Nov. 2 and dental surgery on November 5.

When we left Jeremy climbed into the back seat of the car, sit down and was putting on his seat belt just like a big boy. He is also pretty good about waiting until I'm going down the road to get out of the seat belt. This requires me to stop the car, wrestle him into his car seat and buckle him in. I told him, if he would sit he could ride out of the car seat but if he takes off his seat belt or gets up he will have to go into the car seat. I kept a close watch on him, but each time I looked back there he was sitting perfectly still, looking out the window and he rode all the way to school.

Some of our upcoming fall activities. Jeremy is out of school October 20, 21, 22 for fall break. I am going to take off that Wednesday, and after our 6 month check on his ADHD meds & our flu shot with Dr. Cyrus we are planning a trip to the zoo to spend the rest of the day. J’s Para-professional who is also our HTS will watch him Thursday and Friday, so he will have fun with Misty being back at his house. Then after I get off work that Friday, we are going out to Granny & Papa's and will go with Granny, my 2 sisters and their children to a corn maize outside of Bristow. You go through the maize with flash-lights when it’s darker, there are other fun things for the children to do. I think Jeremy will have fun with his cousins. We will probably spend the night with Granny & Papa. Friday, October 29 I will be up at the Children's Hospital helping with the fall party for the children who are in the hospital. Saturday, October 30, Jeremy has a Halloween party at Respite and then I plan to take him down-town to the Sapulpa trick-or-treat, or go to my sister's church for trunk-and-treat. We are going to skip Jeremy's school carnival this year, he doesn't really like the games and just likes to walk around so I think something outdoor he will enjoy more.

No comments: