facebook

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Awesome "Fall" week

It has been an AWESOME fall week here in Okie land, the weather has been beyond words perfect.  I am so loving it.  It's been a little chilly in the mornings but not to bad and the days are super nice.   We started our week off bright and early on Monday with an 8:15am Pre-op appointment for Jeremy's upcoming dental surgery on November 12.  It's pretty bad when the security guard knows when I walk through the door with Jeremy we are there for him, if I walk in by myself there must be a meeting.  He tells me don't even bother you know where you are going.  We got checked in on level A, then down to level AA to the Day clinic for blood draw for Dr. Kayser.  I was so proud of Jeremy he sit there like a big boy and let them take blood, even when she couldn't get it in the first arm.  Then up to level 1 to see the nurse and anesthesia, Jeremy again being a perfect little boy.  The nurse asked me, "will this require an overnight visit" and I said, "NO" in a are you totally insane voice, course I'm having major anxiety of thoughts of being admitted.  I said, "wait, this is Jeremy, have you met Jeremy? he doesn't always do things as expected, so let us say it's not planned for an overnight visit"   When we got ready to leave Jeremy cracked me up, he had to make sure the light was on and the door was shut.  The nurse thanked him for being so helpful.  He also collects magazines and was trying to grab up as many as possible, I finally convinced him to leave them for others.  We went up to level 5 which is our NICU and was going to visit Tina Smith, who was our lactation nurse when Jeremy was in there 11 years ago and was so helpful, but she was out sick.  Then on Tuesday, we had a visit with Dr. Cyrus, we have to see him before dental surgery.  It was a good visit and Jeremy was so tired he fell asleep on the way home. 

The rest of the week is cruise time, nothing planned until next Friday when Jeremy has dental surgery.   I will be off the entire day with him. 

We will have to make another trip to Columbia, MO before our admission.  We are going on Thursday, December 30 to see Dr. Dan in clinic at 9:15am and anesthesia at 10:15am.  I am off that week for Christmas break so I am planning a leisure drive up on Wednesday and more than likely leisure drive home on Thursday.  The other plans remain the same, admission on January 18 for Dr. Dan to put Jeremy back in halo traction and posterior spinal fusion on January 28, 2011. 

No comments: