facebook

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Where we were last year.....

Wow, I can't believe this time last year, we were on our way to St. Louis to meet THE surgeon who was going to fix Jeremy's spine.  I knew this because after a disappointing visit to Shriner's, visit with a local surgeons, Dallas-Scottish Rite not returning phone calls this was literally my LAST option.  I admit thrilled was not on my mind for the 8 hour drive, 400 miles one way.  The reason for the trip was just heart wrenching to me as a mom, the spine is scary and the fact I was playing a part in making decisions on my son's spine was scary.  I always hoped the TSLO brace would slow down the progression and eventually the spine would start to grow correctly, but that August appointment with Anagnost them thoughts were quickly dismissed.  I had belief that GOD had a physician/facility in place, I've always asked and GOD has always been faithful to send us awesome, Christian doctors who truly have Jeremy's best interest in mind.  I know GOD'S plans are not always my plans so I went through the motions waiting for the day that GOD would heal Jeremy's spine.  I didn't like the surgeon from St. Louis right from the start, he walked through the door with I am holier than though attitude, which I can live with but he treated Jeremy as less than a person, and was degrading to me as a mom.  When he looked at me and said, "you need to let grandma tend to HIM and pay attention to what I'm saying", he was literally the third physician in the long line we have seen that I wanted to do bodily harm to.  I think had there been another option on the table I would have walked out that door and not even looked back.  I know that I can't burn my bridges.  I remember all the way home secretly pouring my heart out to GOD, it this the one? was it hurt pride? should I turn the other cheek? he is qualified to tend to Jeremy's problem. I dealt with a great sense of hopelessness and this sent me deeper into a minor depression.  My son had needs and this was the last option, but didn't feel right.  I couldn't mail him Jeremy's X-rays, I struggled with that.  When I was in the search mode, Columbia, MO wasn't even on my mind.  Here we are 1 surgery down and the 2nd one scheduled.  THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS, AND that we aren't traveling back to St. Louis for J's spine surgeries.....

No comments: