facebook

Monday, April 25, 2011

Blessed days in J world....

I dropped my car off at the spa resort so it could get a full make-over which included a manicure, pedicure and full body massage and it really needed it.  I was very happy to pick up my KIA rondo that I LOVE to find it looking all bright and shiny on the outside.  The inside smelled good and was thrilled that he was able to get almost all of the tea stain out of my back seat from our last Mommy and J trip to Columbia. I decided that when it was just me and J in the car he would not eat or drink but who am I kidding that is 99.9% of the time.  I purchased J a car-seat caddy, and was very proud of my purchase, reasonable price, found it at Wal-mart.  I attached it to J's car-seat and showed him, one side was for the drink, the other side for his snack.  I get in the driver's seat and get ready to pull out of the drive-way and the caddy comes flying to the front seat. I guess he wasn't overly thrilled with my great purchase. I laughed and had to be grateful with J’s arm and aim that it didn't hit me in the head.

God blessed us with a wonderful nurse, Loveline. Jeremy really likes her and she is good with him, he listens to her.  THANK YOU AND PRAISE GOD and I can't state how awesome it is to finally have help. I wasn't sure how it would be having someone in the house while I was there, I do like a certain degree of privacy, but she is there to take care of J and she's awesome.  J likes his Pandora Internet radio and she listens to worship songs with him.  The agency also said they are sending out a lady next Monday to do an orientation who wants to work 4 to 9pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday so that will be extra help with Jeremy.  We are still trying to work with our Special Education Director and get him to approve for a nurse to come to school with Jeremy, that would help Jeremy in so many ways. 

Friday, Jeremy slept until 10am, when she went to cath him she said he was dribbling some on his own....WHOA. J had such an amazing day, he worked very hard at OT with Barb.  I came home started laundry and then went to buy groceries.

Jeremy got up with me on Saturday morning at 8:30am. Loveline arrived at 9am and started taking care of Jeremy got him cathed and dressed. I was able to go into the kitchen, fix my coffee and bake my cake.  When the cake was in the oven, I fixed J’s breakfast and Loveline set down and fed him, she also makes him feed himself.  I cleaned the kitchen, took a shower, got dressed while waiting on my cake to get out of the oven.  I am not a great cook but occasionally get a thought that I am going to try something new.  I found a recipe for a cool, sour-cream lemon cake, yummy sounded good and wanted to try this for our family Easter dinner. The cake looked perfect, came out in one piece so that was a good sign.  I had help at the house so I took advantage of the break and took my gift certificate to Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy some LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH design for my bathroom.  I stopped off at Kohl's to buy me some new shirts, pair of sandals for Easter.  I still have not purchased a new couch, but that is on my list of to do things for this coming Saturday.  I came home, frosted my cake, made my banana-cream pudding, put things up, cleaned my kitchen and went for a 2 mile walk. 

I was able to get up Sunday morning get myself ready for church before Jeremy woke up.  He sit in church yesterday morning, very well-behaved and was looking contently through my bible, he was able to sit through a wonderful welcome song, announcements and then it was over.  We went to Granny and Papa’s after church for our family Easter dinner and it was all so good, I of course ate way too much. My new creation the cool-sour-cream lemon cake with a sour-cream coconut was good, but I got vary reviews.  I thought it turned out dry as did one of my sisters, my mom thought it was fine, one of my sisters said it didn't have enough lemon flavor.  I plan to try it again and see if I can make it more moist.  We played the game Imaginiff and it is always so much fun.  I looked in the other room where the kids were playing some game with the Easter eggs to find J sitting right there on the floor with his cousins and Granny.  He was happy to play a game of spoons with Granny.  Jeremy was down on the floor crawling around almost all day, wanted no part of sitting in the stroller.  I had a very, tired, exhausted little boy when we got home about 6pm and by 8:30pm he was asleep and slept good.

I received a page from his PT about 2pm stating that she was going to go to J's school to see him if that was ok, so we didn't have to travel to Tulsa today.  Serena called me and said he did great.  J continues to make increased progress. I am going to visit families at the Children's Hospital tomorrow, and run by radiology to get a copy of the Cd of J's knee X-rays to take to our visit with Dr. Dan.

Then we leave Thursday morning for vacation, we are talking time away from our life, out of Oklahoma, pool-side and hot tub baby. OK, so we have a 2pm appointment with Dr. Dan for a 6 week follow up. I am SO excited about the trip. I know it requires a medical appointment but that is our life.  Jeremy has really made lot of progress since we seen Dr. Dan 6 weeks ago. The weather is suppose to be warm, sunny and my best friend Kelly and her son, Joe, J’s friend is going. We will go visit our friends at the University of Missouri, Children’s Hospital after our appt. I’m taking pictures this time to add to his blog. They are also going to do a story about Jeremy in their hospital magazine, "Imagine" and going to take some pictures of Jeremy with Dr. Dan and then at the hospital.  We are staying at the Hampton Inn on Clark Lane and I'm not sure what all we will do that evening.  I did tell Kelly we need to show them the MIZZOU football stadium. We will come home Friday morning.

It was a great weekend, much needed break from a busy month we've had and J is basically back to appointments as needed.

No comments: