facebook

Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer days....

I'm wondering, can someone PLEASE slow down summer as we are about to hit July.  I don't even mind the hot weather we have been having, but it seems to be going by fast.  We haven't done a whole lot so far this summer.  We do have a family celebration scheduled for July 3 to celebrate Independence day, then we will go back to Columbia, Missouri to see Dr. Dan on July 21 and I'm taking the day before and the day to make it more like a vacation.  We did enjoy father's day out at my dad's after church on Sunday, we stayed the day and Jeremy had fun playing with everyone.  J just finished up his 2nd week of summer school, he sure does enjoy getting to be around peers, eating breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria.  Jeremy has also became quit the little pig, he seems to want to eat constantly, eating good, he should surely gain weight when we see Cyrus next week.  Jeremy is normally VERY exhausted come Thursday, after a week of therapy and school.  Jeremy is still recovering plus the re-building of his muscles does take lot out of him.  This week he is initiating standing more, more and lot plus he is getting faster at crawling.

We seen Dr. Kayser, Metabolic Geneticist who really had nothing new to add into Jeremy's complexity other than he looks really good and he likes seeing him.  He thinks at some point Jeremy's issue is going to be come down to the L1cam gene, we both have a significant change not recorded in any medical documents, so what all can go along with it is yet to be determined since it's not ever been documented.  Jeremy inherited it from me but since I have 2-X I had a back-up but Jeremy only has 1 so he doesn't have a back-up.      

I am making a good size dent in the home improvement list I had made and hopefully within 2 weeks I will have done all that I wanted to do on the outside except some landscaping.  I do plan to re-paint my kitchen, but that will require removal of wallpaper and it's hard to do when Jeremy is always home with staff, so that may be a fall project.  The guy got our new roof installed and it looks really nice and then got the guttering installed and it adds to the new roof so that all looks nice.  I've called a representative to come out to give me a quote on some replacement windows.  I then have to stain Jeremy's outside playground equipment with Thompson water seal to protect it and add color back to it.  I have struggled with how much it breaks my heart that Jeremy hasn't got to go outside much and enjoy his equipment this summer.  I have to paint the outside of the carport on the one side, plus the back patio they had to totally replace the entire back patio, so I need to paint all the new wood, which includes the side rails and trim.  I think by this weekend I will have finally purchased a new couch for us.  That will end my outside stuff and drain my budget I had saved for.      

Here are some pictures of Jeremy... he is so funny

J crawled up on the couch and went to sleep 

J in the library, he's on the computer so he thinks that is great

His newest thing, put him on the couch he puts the blanket over his face and goes to sleep

J in his room, doing some work with Misty

Once again asleep after school 

No comments: