facebook

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

He's mobile again and Chef boy O Jeremy !!!!!

Jeremy has cautiously walked around objects for a few weeks, but yesterday he got his confidence back. When I got him off the school bus they told me that he turned loose and started walking everywhere. I was surprised but when we get into the house, I sit him on the floor and he takes off like a race horse. It is a welcome site but it's funny to see him toddling around again. It's been almost 7 weeks since he has walked at all. We go back on September 24 and hope that he gets the cast removed completely.

I told Jeremy he could help me cook yesterday which he loves being in the kitchen when I'm there but it's more so he can put things in the microwave and it is not always food. I figure if I could start him early this will add to his ability when he is older to be independent. I was fixing okra yesterday evening for supper, it was cut up and in the frying pan. I buy Jeremy toddler puffs, they are soft, I don't have to worry about him getting choked and they have additional calcium. Jeremy decided that he wanted his banana puffs with his drinkable yogurt as a snack. He was happily drinking his yogurt and munching on banana puffs as I stepped into the other room for a minute (Jeremy can do lot of damage in just one minute). I come back to stir the okra only to find that Chef boy O Jeremy had created his own recipe called banana puff okra because he had poured the rest of the container in with the okra. Try picking soft puffs out of okra that is frying.

3 comments:

♥Joy♥ said...

Oh my!!! LOL Jeremy IS HILARIOUS!!! I can't believe he did that! What a creative kiddo! I am so glad that he is moving around again! Building that strength up can only help him!!! =D

Yay for Lora! I can't wait to try some gourmet meals by Chef Boy'O Jeremy!!!

Cheri said...

Wow! That sounds delicious! The girls love to help me in the kitchen as well, but they don't yet have the reach that Jeremy does. Something to look forward to!

cleta said...

way to go jeremy