facebook

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer Vacation....

Today, started Jeremy's summer vacation and I know he is ready for the break. Jeremy had a crazy year, several major appointments but he had an AWESOME 4th grade year, lots of progress, maturity and socialization. Jeremy started sitting in latch-key and playing with his peers, he started saying "hey" to them which is a huge accomplishment for him.

I made reservations for us to attend Dreamnight next Friday, June 4 at the OKC Zoo, it's for families who have a loved one with developmental disabilities. We've never went in the past because I've always had so much going on, but this year I made reservations and we will be going and have fun.

I am so excited about the summer our HTS is going to be one of Jeremy's para-professionals from school and she will also have him at Extended school year so he will have so much consistently which is what he needs, did I say I'm excited? Jeremy will start ESY, June 22 through July 22, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30am to noon. He will then do 3 days of autism camp, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am to 3pm.

I was looking at the calendar and it hit me, he's only going to get to enjoy 2 months of summer with his first spinal surgery being on August 6. We've been talking about this for a year, making plans since February when we seen Dr. Dan but to think it is fast approaching as made me start to bring up all these feelings that I've buried deep down for the past months thinking I would deal with them when the time is here. It's starting to get that time. We have our Pre-op appointment on July 16 at 1pm. I'm looking at going to Osage Beach on 15, there are several fun kids things to do, spend the night, go to Columbia for our Pre-op appointment on Friday, spend the night and head back home on Saturday and make it a fun 3 day trip for Jeremy.

No comments: