facebook

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yearly visit with our Ped. Neurologist

We had our yearly visit with Dr. Seigler today. Jeremy had an episode back at the end of April where he zoned out for several minutes. Dr. Seigler asked me if he was really tired after that and he wasn't, I know a seizure can wipe a person out so I took note of that. Jeremy was fine after and have not noticed any such behavior since. He said it could have been behavior, he was tired or it could have been a partial seizure. Dr. Seigler has never been able to say with 100% accuracy that Jeremy has ever in fact had a seizure. Jeremy is missing his corpus callosum, has the VP shunt for hydrocephalus so he's never had a normal EEG even at 2 weeks of age. The EEG tells us that Jeremy could be having seizures or is prone to seizures. We discussed medicine but both agreed that these periodic episodes are pretty far in between plus they are not affecting his life which would be the reason for medicine. We also both agreed due to me that if Jeremy had a seizure with convulsions that we would end up in the ER. I also wanted to inform Dr. Seigler that Jeremy would be getting his spine fixed this summer.

Jeremy has became totally fascinated with magazines, he will thumb through them for hours. He gave me and Dr. Seigler a chance to visit as he was thumbing through one, being real content. I went to McDonald's to get Jeremy a Mighty Kids chicken McNugget meal on our way to respite, I keep books, toys, magazines in my car for these car rides. I took this picture of him being so very good in his car seat, thumbing through a parent magazine. It is so cute...

No comments: