facebook

Monday, March 28, 2011

April showers bring May flowers....

We hear that saying so I thought that would be a perfect title for this post.  We typically in Oklahoma get lot of storms in April along with lots of rain and OK I totally realize that is not set in stone but it does usher in a beautiful new month.  A month of green, beautiful landscape of colors, warmer temps and legally the 1st month you can go without shoes.  My Papa Smothers always told us kids that you can't go barefoot if the month has a letter "R" in it, so that was law at our house.

I think the title also represents our life right now, as we think of the rain which is watering all that has been laying dominate through winter, its waking up and getting ready to spring forth, as I think is the case with Jeremy.  He has been working super hard, making slow progress but last week something clicked and he leaped several steps forward.  He can almost sit unassisted, he is testing the waters with putting his feet down, he is army crawling more and more, yesterday at therapy he was able to get his knees up under his trunk to crawl but then he collasped, his tone went from floppy to stiff.   

I so hope by the time this week ends that OHCA will have approved J for nursing and we can be working on getting one to help me.  J had therapy today so when we got home, he was sore, tired, cranky and if I put him down he whines and cries.  I think the colder, damp weather affects his muscles and he hasn't been sleeping well.  It is hard being the only person who can straight cath him 3 times a day, before school, take off work, drive to school and then before bed.  Then the lifting him up and down, several times, in the car, out of the car, in the stroller, out the stroller, in the bathtub, out of the bathub although he is starting to provide some help in this area with his increase trunk control.  Then fight with him, to get him ready for bed and the fight to get him ready for school.     

I was looking over J’s calendar and mine, comparing the 2 and was in total amazement when I synced the calendars that nothing collided.  One word to describe our month of April, “busy”.

We start out the month with a trip on Saturday, April 2 to Oklahoma City for my Oklahoma Staff meeting. Jeremy is coming with me because I have a friend that lives close by who can watch him, this will also make it  easier to cath him on schedule and not worry about him being 2 hours away from me.  Tuesday, April 5, I am helping with the Children’s Miracle Network sponsor luncheon from 11:00am to 1:00pm, then I will come back that evening for a 6pm Family Advisory council, both events at the Children's Hospital.  Jeremy has his urodynamics study on April 6 at Dr. Confer’s office.  April 7, I have an United Base council meeting at the Children’s hospital at 5:30pm and then at 6:30pm I receive my 20 year service awards from OGE. April 8, we go back to St. Francis for Jeremy to have his Kidney Ultra-sound. April 9, is Tulsa Sibshops, I don’t facilitate this group but I help coordinate and am there for support.  Then we get to breathe for a few days. I have a Scheduler's meeting for OGE in OKC on April 14, then I drive back for a resource fair at the Little Lighthouse.  Friday at 3pm I leave for the Women of Joy conference in Oklahoma City with my sister where I will be until Sunday afternoon. I am SO looking forward to this, wasn’t sure if I would get to even attend, but God and I both know that I need this.  This will be a time to "totally" unplug from my world.  A time to focus on my relationship with GOD, plus I get to see Michael W. Smith in concert and this will only be the 4th time. I’m not sure what the plans are for Jeremy at this time, either my mom will come to the house to watch him, because I will hopefully have a nurse that can help or he will go to my mom’s house and I will teach my mom how to straight cath Jeremy.  Who knows by then maybe his bladder willl have awaken and he can urinate on his own.  April 20, we see Dr. Confer to go over all the test results and see what our next step is.  We then get to totally relax on Saturday, April 23.  Sunday, April 24 is Easter, we get to celebrate and rejoice the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Then go to my parent's to have a celebration which is a dinner, kids hide Easter eggs, hopefully be a nice, warm, sunny day and I get to try a new Lemon cake recipe and make banana pudding. Thursday, April 28, we are taking a friend and her son with us to head back to our wonderful home away from home Columbia, Missouri and see our Super-hero, Dr. Dan in clinic at 2pm.  We will then go visit at the Children's Hopsital to see J's fan club and this time take pictures.  Then a night of maybe some shopping, relax in a Columbia motel with an indoor pool/whirlpool (OH YEA) and head back to Oklahoma on Friday. That then leads us into our first free weekend of the month and ushers in the Month of May.
"The Mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting." Psalm 103:17

No comments: