facebook

Thursday, March 24, 2011

While they are yet speaking, I will hear.....

We have had a GREAT week and Jeremy has been in an amazing good mood all week. Monday, J worked very hard for Serena at Therapy, she was proud of his increased trunk control, standing longer with less assistance and the progress we see each week. We came home and went for our 2 mile walk. He went to respite on Tuesday which gave me some MUCH needed time to get 2 months worth of my Tulsa Sibshops and OFN paperwork caught up, and boy did that feel like a major accomplishment. I was also asked to share Jeremy’s story for the United Way Allocation panel for the place he receives respite. I got to take my 2 mile walk by myself.


"Before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." Isaiah 65:24.

This was my verse I read on Wednesday along with making me focus it went along with my prayer that I have been praying. I started praying, GOD please continue to work and restore J’s spinal health, it was no longer God restore J’s spinal health because I knew he was working in Jeremy’s body and at his appointed time he was going to reveal to us. Praise the Lord for Wednesday, something clicked. Jeremy gained some confidence along with muscle control. I went up to the school to cath him and he was Mr. ornery, giggling boy. When I put him back in the room, he insisted that he sit in the chair with his peers at group-time, so I sit him there. Misty told me he sit there throughout the entire group time, he was crawling on the floor really working those legs. When we got home from school we threw the ball around for a bit, then we took our 2 mile walk. I noticed when I put him in the stroller he was stretching his legs straight out, he was also touching them to the ground but skimming almost like he was testing the waters to see how far he could go, if they got too close to the ground he would pull them back up and he has not been doing this. I set him at the kitchen table where I keep his little house, that he likes to put things in, he opens the door, shuts the door and does this for hours. He took everything out of my Wal-mart sack and put in his house. I was busy doing dishes, putting up things, getting things ready for today. I didn’t notice until he started scooting to the very edge of the chair, doing his little ornery laugh at how well he was sitting. I was in awe at how well his trunk control and balance had improved. Jeremy put his hands on the table and I thought he was going to stand up on his own, so I told him, “Go ahead, stand up and walk” he would do his little ornery laugh and he actually tried twice to stand up. While giving him his bath, he wasn’t hanging on for dear life to the edge of the tub or me supporting him, he played and splashed water everywhere. I was amazed when I got him out of the tub, it’s usually carrying dead weight how he was helping support himself. We go back to the kitchen table and he repeats the same steps as before, so I tried to get him to stand, he was able to stand with me holding him up under his arm-pits for a bit. His legs are still really weak, but this is the first time he has even tried to do this.

I was talking to a friend who is going with J and I to Columbia for our return trip so she can meet our super-hero and all the wonderful people who took care of J, I have talked so much about all the wonderful people of Columbia. Her son, Joe told her he wants to go because he wants to ask the Dr. how he can encourage Jeremy to walk, the sweetness of this little boy, who is one month younger than Jeremy, the compassion he has brought tears to my eyes.

No comments: