facebook

Friday, March 4, 2011

To this we end the week.....

and to this we say, Hooray for Friday's because this starts our 2 days off.  It has been a busy week in Jeremy World.  

On Tuesday, they started putting Jeremy in a stander at school which forces him to stand and build muscles but provides support he needs.  He didn't like it at first but he did tolerate it for over 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening.  This is hard work for J because even though it supports him, it also makes him have to build muscles.  I was able to attend Family Advisory Council at the Children's Hospital after missing last month and got to visit families for the first time since January.  Jeremy went to all evening respite and I didn't get him picked up until after 8pm so we were both on the tired side Wednesday.  I was getting extremely frustrated but that stemmed from the fear that Jeremy wasn't going to recover, also the fact that I'm not being patient in waiting for God's perfect timing.   Jeremy started trying to scoot on his butt while sitting up.  We weren't seeing the progress I had hoped and honestly none in the lower extremities.  J would move his legs, push them off things and stretch them out.  If you tried to stand Jeremy up, his legs were like spaghetti and I couldn't even get him to drag his legs around while crawling.  I was thrilled on Thursday when J's para sent me a video of Jeremy working with PT.  Jeremy was sitting in the chair across from the PT, she was holding his hands and he pulled up from sitting to stand 3 times.  We went to outside PT yesterday and she was getting him to start dragging his legs around as well as start to make the motions to crawl.  This is HUGE progress and I was in tears and awe to GOD.  When we got home last night I was getting J ready for bed, he stood up on his legs for a brief bit, but before you had to support him from his butt and he would push back a little.  This morning he stretched his legs out longer than I had see him do since we got home and he did stand on his legs.  He still is not urinating on his own but I just keep praying that will come along, but we are dealing with it and he tolerates me having to straight cath him.   

I spoke with Dr. Dan over email Tuesday.  I asked if he had any thought on future plans and he said he wanted to see more leg recovery before proceeding with the surgery.  That was on Tuesday and what we seen yesterday was HUGE.  We set up our return visit before we left so that is March 17 at 1:40pm.  If we do in fact keep that appointment I am going to make it a 3-4 day mini-vacation give me and Jeremy some time away, have some fun.  We will probably spend the night of March 16 in Springfield.  Then head to Columbia for our visit, after our visit I want to take Jeremy to the hospital to visit his friends and home away from home and spend the night in Columbia.  We might go back to Going Bonkers.  Friday we are setting plans in motion to meet our friends in Jefferson City and go to a nature center.  We will more than likely spend the night in Osage Beach and get up Saturday morning and head back to home in Oklahoma. 

We have a low-key weekend planned.  J got to spend some time with his dad this evening so I went and got my groceries and got that chore out of the way.  J is now asleep on the couch and I'm doing laundry.  J gets to go to respite tomorrow from 10am to 4pm, so that is going to give me some "me" time and I might start doing a little furniture shopping.  My only check list for this weekend is to clean out the shoes in my closet.    It is suppose to be nice Sunday afternoon so after church we may go out to Granny and Papa's and visit. 

Happy, good spirited Jeremy in the stander, he has had the best attitude and sweetest spirit....

No comments: