facebook

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life’s about changing, nothing ever stays the same….

There have been a few minor changes in Jeremy World and it’s funny to watch him because believe me he does notice change.

I started wearing glasses again for the first time 5 years. I’ve had glasses but don’t always need them and I realize that is a stupid statement because I obviously seen an eye doctor who checked my eyes and said I need glasses. I have enough astigmatism that causes me issues. When I picked Jeremy up from respite on Saturday he looked at me as if to say, “mom, you don’t wear glasses”. I hadn’t put my glasses on yet this morning so I was getting him out of the car, put his glasses on, put him in the stroller and was taking him in to latch-key my funny boy takes off his glasses and hands them to me.

I personally think it’s time for a change in our house, since it’s just Jeremy and I so I’ve been looking for new living room furniture. I’m not an impulsive buyer, normally have to ponder upon the decision. I knew I was going to buy a new couch, but couldn’t decide if I wanted another love seat or 2 recliners. I have been checking out these French chairs at this antique furniture store for over a month and LOVE them. I thought it would be a good change, make the living room look a bigger and less cluttered. I went by last night, he still had them so they came home to live in Jeremy world. I re-arranged and moved the old love seat out of the house, moved the couch over where the love seat was and put the 2 chairs where the couch was. It was funny when Jeremy got home from respite, he was sitting still, looked over where the couch was, looked back at where it was and now there are 2 chairs. I asked him, do you like our new chairs? He had to sit in both of them.

Tomorrow, we finally have an interview with Oklahoma Health Care Authority to see if Jeremy qualifies for nursing, according to their over the phone interview putting J on the grid he may not. I however believe he will. This will be a change for my control-freak nature to let go of some of his care-giving, but I need help. I hope for one thing it will work out where maybe 2 days a week we can get a nurse in the mornings so J can sleep in and go to school ½ day them days. This will give him some time to rest he works so hard and is normally exhausted on Tuesday and Thursday. It was funny earlier in the week I was asked to answer some questions regarding what is my definition of family-centered care, what it means to me and J’s care? OHCA is cutting back like every agency in Oklahoma, tight budget year, so they aren’t allowed overtime. The nurse has to travel from OKC to Sapulpa. J is going to have another spine surgery at some point, so I’m a single mom, saving vacation, sick leave, plus trying to maintain all his other appointments but yet I have to take 2 hours of vacation to meet them at our house to accommodate their budget????

No comments: