facebook

Friday, August 22, 2008

A Mother's Angel

We celebrate several anniversary's in Jeremy's life, one of which happened 8 years ago today. This is the day Jeremy's heart was repaired and he was given not only the chance he needed to thrive but survive. Jeremy was in congestive heart failure and failure to thrive. If you have read the previous post you know how terrifying that day was but also the excitement we experienced. It all started in an office visit to Dr. Cyrus telling me we need to address his heart and he was calling our cardiologist to get this started. This sent me into a whirlwind of emotions. I had to leave town that day for work so I dropped Jeremy off with my sister and headed to Ft. Smith. I hated the fact of leaving Jeremy but it gave me some major alone time with GOD and for me to realize we were heading for open heart surgery. I was hopeful up until that point we wouldn't need surgery. I sit in my motel room and shed many tears for the unknown, below is a poem I wrote that night for Jeremy, I'm am expressive person and can write a book in 1 hour if I needed to, this was my feelings of how I felt about Jeremy being in my life and what his presence meant to me. I hung this up by his bed when he was critical in PICU. One day when Jeremy was 2 months old leaving yet another frustrating appointment with our cardiologist, I was in tears, overly emotional and cried out to GOD to help me understand. I heard, "Lora I am going to heal Jeremy's heart" and I literally had to look around to see who was talking to me, I realized that it was GOD. I knew GOD was going to heal Jeremy but once again my opinion of it and GOD's opinion are normally two different things.


A Mother’s Angel


On Aug 9, 1999 an angel came to earth
He came through the way of a miraculous birth

This angel had blonde curly hair and beautiful blue eyes
Instantly his mom fell in love with him and started to cry

He had some problems so intensive care he would stay
He was the best baby there for calm was his way

In the 1st year of life all the tests he would go through
But this angel never complained a trooper so true

God answered the prayers of the people who would pray
God has a special plan and will use him in a wonderful way

He has used him to bring glory and honor to his name
The lives that he touch will never be the same

No matter what he battles and all of the strife
He is the very love of his mother’s life

The angel is a fresh breath of air, a ray of sunshine
He is just a little doll and never does whine

He just has this charisma that draws people to him
When you are around him the world is not dim

He has the cutest smile for anyone around
To hear him laugh and talk is a beautiful sound

So heaven lost an angel on that very special day
But it was to earth’s gain named- Jeremy Ray


Wrote for my little angel boy - Jeremy Ray
From: your mom whom will always love you…. (June 12, 2000)

No comments: