facebook

Thursday, August 14, 2008

You can't keep a good child down !!!!!!

On Saturday, August 2 we went to my OG&E lineman's expo in OKC like we have done for the last 7 years. I took my 3 nephews to help with Jeremy while I worked the concession stand. Jeremy went down the inflatable slide which he loves, so the 2nd time I went down behind him. When he went down his leg rolled underneath him and he landed on his leg funny, it was twisted and didn't look right. I decided to bring him back to Tulsa so he could be seen by physicians and facilities that are familiar with us. They X-rayed his leg and sure enough he broke a bone, so they put him in a splint gave him Tylenol w/ codeine and we had to follow up with our Orthopedic surgeon. We went to see Dr. Holt on Tuesday and he put him in a full leg cast and said he would be in it for at least 6 weeks possibly 12 weeks depending on how fast he heals. Jeremy has lower bone density than other children do. His leg was really sore for the longest time and he wouldn't walk or do anything. I first thought another set back but then I started to realize this boy doesn't lack determination and when he felt like he could crawl or walk he would do it, and sure enough on Friday he started to crawl around, here is a video of Jeremy that was taken yesterday.

No comments: