facebook

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ask yourself, "Where been, what doing?"

My funny little son so cracks me up, he’s getting more and more verbal. I don’t know why it still surprises me sometimes with what he says and I have to sit back and say, Awesome. When I start to think about the words he puts together it is what I say, so be careful lips what you say for tender ears are listening.
I went to a seminar on Positive behavior reinforcements. I always tell J when I go somewhere, that mommy is leaving and I will be back. I get home about 9pm and he’s outside playing, I get out of my car and say, “hey dude what up?” and he says, “where been”. It was plain as day. I thought you little turkey. I picked him up, loved on him and said, “what do you mean, where been, who are you?” He started laughing and was in a really good awesome mood. I thought where did he hear them words and I though well duh, think of all the times that I’m in another room of the house or outside and Jeremy comes into the place I’m at and I will say, “Where have you been”, he will jabber and then I will say, “what have you been doing”. His next phrase may be, “what doing”
Then the thought came to my mind, how many times does GOD say them exact words, “Lora where have you been?”. I mean he knows where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing, how far I tend to wander away from his awesomeness, but he’s my father. My heavenly father who loves me even more (I can’t even imagine) than I love Jeremy. I asked myself this morning in my quiet time of prayer, “Lora, where have you been, what have you been doing?” Have I been where GOD would want me to be and am I doing what GOD wants me to be.

No comments: