facebook

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Seasons....Easter !!!!!!!

I realize that every season has a purpose but if I was to rate the seasons in my life it would be: 1st Spring, 2nd Fall, 3rd Summer & 4th Winter. I think spring is my all time favorite season for many reasons. I love when everything starts to bloom, re-grow, birds are singing, the flowers are colorful, trees blooming, grass is green, days are longer and temps are just perfect. Spring also ushers out my least favorite season, winter. I am the type of person that could live without cooler temps, snow & ice and a little bit of that goes along way with me. I think one of my favorite things of spring is the Easter holiday. I love going shopping to buy Jeremy an Easter basket, plastic eggs to stuff with candy, a new dress shirt. It's also the big family dinner and our first real get together since the Christmas season. I know what Easter represents, my savior was mocked, placed on a cross and suffered a horrid death that I can't imagine for my very sins and they put him in a tomb but on that 3rd day he AROSE, and because he lives I live.

The 3rd chapter of Ecclesiates verse 1 comes to mind. "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven". I know just like the seasons come and go, colors bloom, things grow, things pass away, life happens, life changes and we keep on rolling, we grow as a person and we live life and serve our GOD.

No comments: