facebook

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring break 2010 !!!!!!!!!





Jeremy's spring break started Friday, March 12, for the 1st part of the week I worked so Jeremy stayed around the house with the HTS. Wednesday was my first day of vacation so we slept in until 9am, it was so nice not to wake up to an alarm clock. We spent the day around the house, playing and getting ready for 2 day mini-vacation. We had some OU nursing students who picked Jeremy as a project so we visited with them for several hours. We got up Thursday morning, packed the vehicle and headed to the Oklahoma City Zoo with my sister & neice. We met my Aunt Betty, her daughter Donna, her 2 daughters and grandchildren and had a great time spending the day at the zoo. It was such a nice day to be out, good company and enjoying God's creations. We then went to spend the night in Moore, OK. We went out to eat dinner at a Western Sizzlin close to the motel. I was starving but of course it being a buffet I ate way too much and like always Jeremy ate nothing. I told the lady he was 3, she looked at me like I was crazy but I knew he wasn't going to even eat $3.99 worth of food. We got up Friday morning and headed to Arbuckle Wilderness where we were going to meet 2 families from Texas who have son's diagnosed with FG syndrome. We have been trying to plan something for years and it never worked out. I was excited to finally meet the people in person, as well as their son's. We went through the drive through safari which is always pretty awesome, other than Jeremy could have cared less but Miranda enjoyed it. We were visiting the rhinos who were enjoying a chance to be out in the sun and were sunbathing when Jeremy laid on the horn & startled the rhino's. I didn't think they could move that quickly, and really wish I had my camera set on video it would have been cute. We went over to park, had lunch, see some snakes, goats took some pictures. We got to pet a couple of camels, who were actually wanting to just nibble on anything that got close and one was growling. I bought tickets for Miranda and Jeremy to play on the moon walk, which I knew Jeremy would love. I purchased a ticket for Miranda and I to ride double on the go-karts, which we stood in line for an hour. The Arbuckle Wilderness was really busy but it was such a super nice day. We left about 5 to come back home everyone being exhausted, but I had to make a stop at the Arbuckle fried pies. This place was featured on Discover Oklahoma, but personal experience I've stopped there each time we are there. I got J and I 2- chocolate & 2 coconut, which was my dinner on the way home and Jeremy's when we got home.

It was a nice mini-vacation & 2 of the nicest days we've had so far this year and able to enjoy the company of family, and GOD's creation.....

No comments: