facebook

Monday, March 8, 2010

We have surgery dates....

OK, 7 months and 5 surgeons later we have the surgeon, plan and surgery dates. Jeremy’s 1st surgery will be on August 6, he will stay in the hospital and what I'm sure will be heavily sedated. Then he will undergo the second surgery on August 13. It is a complex, complicated surgery that involves Dr. Dan and another surgeon for the anterior surgery and then exactly one week apart, Dr. Dan and another surgeon for the spinal fusion. This will be done at the University of Missouri Children's Hospital in Columbia, MO. We will leave Okie land on Thursday, August 5 and I will be a resident of the Children's Hospital for approximately 2 weeks, while J is there I will be there. I realize Jeremy is going to be in the hospital recovering from complex surgery on his birthday, and believe me I hate this for him well actually I hate the whole entire thing for him this isn't an option surgery. I was actually considering doing his birthday party either in May or September since his birthday is August 9, school is out and no one comes except his cousins. I have to keep him strong and healthy so we can do these surgeries on these dates.

We will do our pre-op July 16 at 1pm, and see the Nurse Practitioner, then do our hospital stuff. I don't know if we will get to see the AWESOME Holly who has coordinated all of this with the physicians, filtered all my questions and has to deal with me.

Jeremy will enjoy his summer, he will attend summer school, doing normal summer fun activities. We will deal with the surgery and August when it arrives. I am trusting GOD. He has lead me all along in this whole process. I know he sent us to the right surgeon and this is what Jeremy needs. I appreciate all my friends, all the people who I don't know that have faithfully been praying for Jeremy and me as I make these decisions and for Dr. Dan. Please continue to pray...

No comments: