facebook

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's beginning to look lot like Christmas....

in Jeremy world.  I have honestly been in the Christmas spirit for months but refused to decorate until the month of December and we have just been super, busy, crazy in our world.  I have watched the movie Elf at least 10 times this year, on the Christmas Committee at work so buying presents for 54 children, adopting out our OFN families plus I have my Christmas shopping finished sure helped put the Christmas spirit button over the edge.  I never put my tree up before my birthday on December 6, I use to make mom put ours up on my birthday because it made me feel special and I carried that tradition to my house.  This year for the first time when December 1 arrived our Christmas tree was up and decorated, it no longer has any decorations left on it but I got a pre-lit light so you can get away with minimal to none decorations.  I got out all the inside decorations, Jeremy's singing Mickey mouse town, singing Christmas wreath, singing reindeer and singing Christmas tree do you catch the theme that they all sing, they are all compliments of Granny Baker.  It's funny that my mother feels out of her 11 grandchildren that my son indeed is in need of these singing Christmas decorations.  What is even funnier this past weekend she stayed with Jeremy at my  house while I was in OKC for our Oklahoma Family Network staff meeting and I come home to a singing Christmas wreath that had been switched "off"........ she told me Jeremy needs them not her, huh?  I have some outside decorations but still have work to get them turned on.  I hope to finish by this weekend so J can have some yard decorated, this is another first for me I have never decorated outside probably why it is taking me so long I don't know what I'm doing, I tried to get my brother to feel sorry for his sister and come help me.  I will post pictures of Jeremy's singing Christmas decorations and some of my outdoor decorations later this week or over the weekend.

Jeremy continues to stay healthy, he's had a few allergy outbreaks, a few stomach virus issues but THANK YOU GOD they were short lived.  We picked up his shoe lift yesterday, put it on and out the door he went running, if it is even possible he seemed to have gained speed.   His balance is also much better since the shoe lift. 

I am literally counting the days until our Christmas vacation, I had mentioned we have been crazy, busy.  I have Tulsa Sibshops this weekend, plan to take Jeremy to the Sapulpa Christmas parade that evening.  The next weekend is my Metabolic/genetic support group and I will meet and deliver presents for our OFN Toys 4 Angels.  Jeremy gets out on December 18, I work until December 22 and then we are both off until after the first of the year.  I am ready for this time off, deserve this time off, need a full vacation and have not taken off since this time last year.  We are going to rest, relax and enjoy Christmas fun.  Jeremy will spend Christmas Eve with his dad.  I will be up at the Children's Hospital to help deliver meals to the families who are impatient.  We will spend Christmas day with my family, eating, playing games and come home totally exhausted.  We will get up Sunday morning and go worship GOD in our church.  The rest of the time is what we want to do when we want to do it other than we will be making a return trip to Columbia, MO on December 29.  The next day Jeremy has a 9:15am appointment with Dr. Dan and hospital Pre-op, and then the return trip home.  I'm not sure about New Year Eve's, the last few years we have went to my sisters, I watch her children why they go out, we make lots of food, play guitar hero and still in bed by 10pm but they are going to be in CA.  We may just have to stay home this year. 

No comments: