facebook

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Holiday

                 Give Thanks and that is what we did, had an absolutely GREAT thanksgiving weekend, truly enjoyed the lazy days of freedom.  Jeremy was out of school on Wednesday and since Granny was going to watch him for me, he went to spend the night on Tuesday.  I was home alone for the 1st time since last May so the house was a little on the quiet side.  I did miss my little boy, since he had such a tough time with his spinal surgery I have been clingy with him.  Thursday, J’s dad came to see him and stay with him while I went to the Children’s Hospital to help deliver meals to families who had to be there on the holiday.  It is always a humbling experience because that can always be us.  When I got home we went to my sister’s in Sand springs to spend the day with her family, my mom and dad and my brother-in-law's brother.  My sister did all the cooking and I was honestly just a slug.  It was a little on the hilarious side to watch my brother-in-law, his brother, my nephew and my dad bowling on the Wii, sure wish I had my camera to video the event.  Jeremy was lazy and slept until 10am on Friday and his dad came back to see him so I went and did some Christmas shopping.  We got up Saturday morning and I fixed my homemade chicken and noodles, sweet potatoes and fruit salad that J loves to take out to my family Thanksgiving dinner, it was the Baker's annual dinner.  It was another nice day with GREAT food, company and awesome weather.  I had 2 of my cousins come from Agra that I’ve not seen in many years and not only honored my request of bringing me a piece of Oklahoma’s Very BEST red velvet cake but made an entire cake so I got to pig down 2 pieces.   We had our “annual” Baker kick-ball game and I’ve included some of the funny pictures below.    
Jeremy and I were the pitcher (actually I was he was just being clingy) my brother Jamie kicked it and I actually caught it so he was out !!!!!
I was playing 1st baseman, my brother ran and smashed my foot 
My dad (standing) visiting with my 2 cousins, Jeanne and Judy from Agra and Jeremy trying to take off my sunglasses. 
The entire Baker family, mom and dad with all of their kids, with all their kids...

No comments: