facebook

Monday, December 20, 2010

Our upcoming prayer request...

I know many of you have continued to pray for Jeremy about his spine situation and I am so grateful and as of Saturday we are down to the 1 month mark of him being admitted. We will be seeing Dr. Dan on December 30 at 9:15am this is our pre-op visit, I’m super excited for him to see Jeremy since he has made so much progress since we even saw him in September and I know it does him good to see Jeremy doing so well.  We will leave his office and go do our pre-op at the hospital.  We will come home and live a normal 2 week life and travel back to Columbia, MO on 1/17/2011 and the next day Jeremy will be admitted and put back in halo traction.  We remain residents of the University of Missouri Children’s hospital, January 28, Dr. Dan will do the posterior spinal fusion and we will be there approximately 5-7 days before discharge to come back home.

Specific prayer request: Jeremy continue to stay healthy, he has done very well thus far.  Pray for good weather so we can travel, I'm actually rejoicing and praising GOD for the mild winter we are having.  Pray that Jeremy tolerates the halo traction for the time frame, Dr. Dan is wanting, this is important because this will be the correction to the spine we get.  Dr. Dan already told me he wasn’t going to do lot of manipulation of Jeremy’s spine, he said I did it once and his spine told me it didn’t like it so basically when he fuses the spine he is going to fuse the way it is, which Jeremy can live with his spine the way it is just can't progress anymore.  Pray for me during the traction time, Jeremy is going to be upset, mad, cranky, demanding, he will be allowed to get up, in the wheelchair, go to the playroom, and walk around with assistance but it's going to be a trial time for me.  Pray for Dr. Dan, he calls the shots when Jeremy is there, but I know from our previous experience he always discuss the issues with me and is going to do what he feels is in Jeremy’s best interest, and that is what I Love and respect about that man. Pray for Dr. Dan as he does the posterior spinal fusion and Dr. Craig Kuhns which is the physician who helps Dr. Dan with all his posterior spinal fusion surgeries.  I will meet Dr. Kuhns while we are in the hospital but this man has a great deal of expertise as well.

If you want to send letters, card to Jeremy while we are there:  The Univeristy of Missouri Children's Hospital, 404 Keene Street, Columbia, MO, 65201, be sure to put Jeremy Roberts and his room number when we get one. 

No comments: