facebook

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AH.... AH....AH... CHOO...

You are probably thinking by reading the title that this post is going to be about Jeremy being sick but Praise be to GOD just the opposite, Jeremy has been healthy.

Here in Jeremy World this is a new game that Serena came up with during the PT session yesterday. I am beyond Grateful, Thankful for all the therapist God has planted in our lives that work so super hard for Jeremy and their creative way of thinking. Serena started with a ball and would say, “ah ah ah choo” and act like you sneeze the ball. Jeremy has always thought it was funny when you sneeze but throw in his favorite toy and it’s even funnier. I didn’t realize this, until last night we were sitting at the kitchen table. J goes, “ah..ah” and I would ask him what are you wanting, show me? The nurse showed me the game and Jeremy would laugh hysterically. It’s one of those J contagious laughs where you can’t help but to laugh along with him you can’t stop yourself. The bigger you make the sneeze, let the ball hit him in the head the harder he laughs, he had me and the nurse laughing so hard.

Serena got Jeremy to use his walker, he walked from the living room, needed assistance down the step, then walked to the back patio, came back, assistance up the step and into the kitchen which is quite the distance walk for Jeremy who was doing all on his own. He is building muscles, uses his walker when prompted, stands up all over the place, working on transferring with less support and last week did some walking with holding my hands.

Jeremy last week fought off what could have turned into an UTI (Urinary Tract Infection, I have to do this for my friend Kelly who tells me to speak English) with no antibiotics. I contribute to the fact he is drinking more water, we irrigate his bladder daily and that is keeping his bacteria down plus has the same 3 people who cath him. We did the Uro-dynamic study on Friday, Dr. Miller got called away to surgery so we didn’t get to discuss the results but what I could tell from what I was seeing and asking the Technician is basically Jeremy’s bladder is unchanged from April so it’s not working. Dr. Miller or the nurse will call me this week.

Here are a few pictures of the amazing, wonder child……




No comments: