facebook

Thursday, September 8, 2011

We are in Middle School !!!!!

Jeremy had a good first week of Middle school and the teacher's report was, he worked very hard, was cooperative, happy and smiling.  I figured he would be exhausted by the end of the day but he hasn't.  He continues to work super-hard, the amazing, wonder child who this morning pulled on my shirt, saying look, holding on to the bathroom sink stands up and balances on one leg.  Tuesday in Dr. Cyrus office he was holding his hands walking through the office and he's doing that more.  The nurse gets Jeremy off the bus, gives him a snack.  I took him to lunch on Tuesday and the children were all saying, "hi Jeremy".  I think it was a tough transition on me, J doesn't miss a beat he is so social. 

The sounds of fall to me include, cooler temperatures, Jeremy starting back to school, united way fundraising, Kiwanis pancake breakfast, chili cook-off, Creek County Fair, trips to the pumpkin patch and corn maize. OK I totally realize them are strange but I am OCD, I like plans, I’m a creature of habit and love traditions.  In my family, we grew up with traditions.  It was 2 years ago, this time of the year words spoken to me in a routine check of Jeremy’s spine would send my life spiraling straight into chaos and uncertainty, but God would use this to draw me to a closer more in dept understanding of him than I ever dreamed was possible or I would ever know. “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1.

I reflect back to that time when my prayer was earnestly God just heal Jeremy’s spine, you are mighty to save, can move mountains so I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that he could reach down at anytime and straighten Jeremy’s spine, but if this isn’t your will then help me find the person and place. It was quickly that my mission of seek and find began and was obvious it wasn’t going to be close to home. My thoughts were changed to wherever, whatever, J is my first priority and I will seek with a passion until God closes the door. It was a cool fall Monday morning that I would load Jeremy into the car, drive to Tulsa to catch the van to Shreveport to the Shiner’s Hospital in what I was for sure would provide answers, yet I came back home disappointed and frustrated in what to me was a waste of 2 days.  A cool Sunday after church, leisure drive with my mom and Jeremy in our new car to St. Louis, Missouri to meet what I thought would be the one, I was running out of surgeons. I thought this trip would prove to find the person, facility and answer but yet left that visit even more frustrated and crying out to GOD, is this it? Is he the one? I just have to trust?  My drive made me continue to keep pushing as I couldn’t accept or rest in what this surgeon’s thoughts were, I felt uncomfortable and that Jeremy was a research project to him. Then a drive to Columbia, Missouri to a place I didn’t know existed to a surgeon who couldn’t even pronounce his name was scary. I was afraid it would be like the ones before, he wouldn’t want to treat Jeremy or I wouldn’t feel comfortable with him treating Jeremy. It didn’t take me long after meeting Dr. Dan to find a compassionate, caring surgeon who did actually see Jeremy as a person and I left the visit with so much peace. The surgeon who I would hand my child over to in August to fix his spine found out J had a sensitive spine, but a surgeon who would pull back and say I’m not going to continue. I was frustrated Jeremy lost mobility but was more scared he would not regain it. We come back in January for what I thought would finally close the chapter of scoliosis in our life only to once again have a sensitive spine act up, lose use of his bladder, 3 units of blood and I would fervently stand praying over my son’s hospital bed afraid for his life.

I think the verse above sums it up, faith is the evidence of things not seen. I can’t see the answer, I can’t see God’s plan or the purpose as to the why things happened the way they did. It’s not always his will or way to reveal and I don’t always have that right to know, that is faith in the things I can’t see and in GOD who is Mighty to save.

What an awesome fall weekend we had, Sunday evening after I got the house clean and we went for a mile walk, J climbed out the door and to the yard he went so we played outside for about an hour, he had so much fun. 

He let go and down the slide he came flying, he was laughing

The ever famous, throw the ball down the slide game while mom chases it

He was telling me, "GO", he is too big for his truck but he didn't care
I end with one of my favorite verses that really sums up the entire world, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

No comments: