facebook

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Keeping me on my toes....the little prankster...

There isn’t much time for boredom or dull in Jeremy world. It was about 3 months ago that I went to make me a cup of coffee on a Saturday morning and in order to complete this task I needed the lid to my coffee pot which could not be found anywhere believe me I looked. I am accustomed to Jeremy hiding things so I looked in every hiding place I could think his little mind would prompt him to put this. I don’t know was he actually hiding it or thought this little gadget was neat so he was putting it elsewhere for him to keep. This neat little gadget missing causes me lot of issues because it has a nodule that will push down the button on the filter that will allow the hot water that is sitting in the filter to run into the pot giving me what I want caffeine coffee. I had to get creative and found that if I tape down the filter it will allow the coffee to run out. This past weekend I even looked at new coffee pots and considered buying one but decided I wanted to get an electric skillet. I have been cooking more, getting creative with meals so I decided an electric skillet would be better use and easier for meals plus taping down the filter works. I was cleaning out a cabinet doing some rearranging to make items fit where I wanted them, and throw away old items not used and found one of Jeremy’s 4 year ago lunch boxes and thought how did that get in this cabinet and was moving it to the cabinet that has all of Jeremy’s lunch boxes. I thought I will throw this out, but looked inside to make sure nothing was in it, yep guess what was in there? I pulled it out, stood there for a minute, thought how did I miss this, went over to kiss my little precious boys, cute adorable face and asked him, why? Why there? The nurse asked me what it was and I told her you know how each Saturday morning I tape down my coffee filter for the water to run out, this is why the MIA gadget for months and we laughed.

Jeremy world, living with a non-verbal child it’s hard to tell what he is thinking, what prompted him to put it in there, was he watching me all these months tape down my coffee pot filter, laughing, thinking oh yea mom I am so getting you. I was a youth director, work around Lineman and I have a good sense of humor, I like good pranks, I have played some good pranks, still continue to play them and have had some good pranks played on me. J has a good sense of humor, when he’s doing that little “evil witch” laugh he is probably thinking of something he has done or is going to do in the future to someone.

No comments: