facebook

Friday, December 5, 2008

Jeremy's ears....

I took Jeremy to see Dr. David Hall, our ENT to check his ears. Jeremy has been pulling on his ears so I was afraid that he might be getting fluid build up. Jeremy has extremely small ear canals so he got his first set of tubes when he was 9 months old, we've had adenoids & tonsils removed and about 5 sets of tubes. The last set of tubes were T-tubes and they are suppose to last longer and normally have to be surgically removed and that was almost 3 years ago. We are assuming that the tubes are out of his ears, but the GREAT news is his ears look GREAT there is no sign of fluid build-up so Dr. Hall said this may be a sign that he is outgrowing the need for tubes. He thinks that the pulling on the ears might be due to he's got some wax and the tube looks to be laying right along the ear drum so he said that might be itching him. I'm going to use debrox in his ears twice a week to see if it will loosen the wax up and hopefully come out of his ear. Dr. Hall hates to clean out Jeremy's ears because he is so active and he's afraid he will accidentally puncture his ear drum. If Jeremy has a procedure where he has to be out I will coordinate with Dr. Hall to come over and clean his ears out really good and check out his ears, that is the way we normally do things.

Jeremy continues to be vocal and amazing me. Last night I had to meet his SLP to pick up an item and I told him he had to stay in the car and it sounded just like he said, "I get out". He also does this occasional growl, like Tim the tool man taylor does and it cracks me up. He had seen this SLP in 3 years and when she open the door to tell him "hi" he did his little crinkle up, cheesy shy smile which is flirting.

No comments: