facebook

Monday, December 29, 2008

Jeremy's shopping experience....

Jeremy got $25 for Christmas so I let him go and pick out something he wants. We had played outside for hours, took several walks so I told him lets go to Wal-mart and go shopping, Jeremy clapped his hands with excitement and said, "yea". We get to Wal-mart and normally Jeremy hits sensory overload and ends up running through the store like a wild child, but he was so good and did great. Jeremy loves dolls, but he already got one for Christmas so my goal was to steer clear of the doll isle. Jeremy found this little transformer figure he put in the basket, we went down the musical isle and he found a guitar and a musical book and then in the middle of the shelf, with nothing else around it and the only one was this doll named, "Darby". I thought let's not make a big deal and he won't see it, well was I wrong. Jeremy's eyes lit up, he gave me the guitar and ran over to this doll and tried to get it out of the box, I tried to convince him to move on but forget it. It's his money, and the doll was normally $35.98 and he got it for $21.00 so it was a bargain for him. This is what he wanted so I picked up this box which was almost as big as he is and he followed me all the way through the store with a few distractions but keeping his eye on this doll. I buckled him in the car, and he tried and tried and by the time we reached home Darby was out the box. Darby, sings, dances and not only that she says 20 phrases, so I figured it's gotta be good for speech. So anyway we have a new doll name Darby which Jeremy has not quit playing with.

This morning as I was getting ready I could hear Jeremy in his room, singing, talking so I ran in and grabbled the camera and got this video. This is his kitchen that he got for Christmas. He was singing and talking up a store, and when he finally sees me he came out of his room and said, "Hi Ya" and YES this is his room and yes it actually looks like this. Our goal was to clean out the toy box today but didn't make it. (The video may stop several times but please be patient it is a good one of him)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me and Miranda figured out he's singing the ABC song, and yes, we heard the hi-ya