facebook

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dog lazy days of summer....

Jeremy and I have gotten in a habit of taking an occasional evening nap when I get home from work. Jeremy has really enjoyed playing ball this summer, he likes to throw it and make you go get it, roll it around.

My little boy has been so happy, he was a little tired on Tuesday but he was out of sync but I was also. It was an adjustment back into reality with a 3 day weekend, staying up late, the excitement, fun and of course sleeping in.

Jeremy has this routine he has developed. I will tell Jeremy about 10 til 7am that Misty (who is his HTS- Para from school) will be coming, so he runs into the living room lifts up the mini-blinds to look outside to see if her car is there, I come into the living room open the blinds so he can see outside and go start his breakfast. When he seems her pull up he normally runs and opens the door. It was so cute on Saturday he woke up at 8am goes into the living room and I could hear him lifting up the blinds and I had to remind him that Misty wouldn't be coming today, it was just him and mommy today. Wednesday, he woke up, his normal, happy, little self and I tell him Misty will be here soon, so there goes our routine. I am in the process of fixing his breakfast when I start hear him talking up a storm, laughing and he really had lot to say. I walk in the living room and he is running to open the door, he was letting Misty in.

A conversation between Jeremy and me last night, I was telling him about our upcoming vacation trip, how Aunt Angie, Brandi, mommy and him were going on vacation and do all sorts of really fun things. I asked him if he remembers Dr. Dan, how gentle he was and checked out his spine and we were going to see him, did he want to see Dr. Dan and this loud,"YEEEAAAA". I thought his first impression of Dr. Dan has been positive, a gentle physician who was so compassionate in checking his spine. I don't know how much J understands, but I think it's important for me to explain to him. I told him Dr. Dan was going to fix his spine, he would feel better but more importantly when he is asleep or afraid that mommy is going to be there right beside him. We are excited about our upcoming vacation, I am looking forward to some fun, the visiting and the overall of just getting out of town for 4 days. We are leaving Thursday about 10am, first destination Osage Beach, MO to spend the remainder of the day and night. We will do the Dino-space museum or Miner Mike's. We will get up Friday take our leisure drive to Columbia, MO for our 1pm pre-op, they will examine Jeremy, he will get measured for his brace by Mike (we've not met Mike yet) so it will be ready for J after surgery, then we will go do the hospital business, and if it works out Amber, social worker is going to give me a little tour so I can see the PICU, what the rooms are like, the children's floors it will give me a better vision of when we are there in August. We will then take the 3 hour drive to Branson, MO where we will stay 2 nights at Box Car Willie's. I don't know what we will do Saturday, I haven't decided if I'm going to take Jeremy to Silver Dollar City I guess we will just wait and see. We will get up Sunday to come back home.

No comments: