facebook

Friday, July 30, 2010

Next Friday...

I can't believe that this time next Friday Jeremy will be in his first surgery, we will be in Columbia, MO at the University of Missouri Children's Hospital a whole new place, experience for us. I will be a basket case awaiting word that he is doing ok, surgery is going good and then won't relax until I get to see him in recovery. It will also be tough seeing him in recovery because he will have that halo traction so I won't really be able to snuggle with him, course he is going to be on pain medicine and will sleeping most of the time. It will also be tough when he starts waking up, realizes what he has on and he is going to be mad. It hit me yesterday I won't have a Pastor at J's surgery, this is the part of being out of your home support system that is hard. My Pastor can't be there, people I attend church with, our friends, our families can't be there. People just can't just run up to visit with you. That is going to be tough and I will miss that.

When I got home from work yesterday I was so tired, the house was nice and quiet so not long after I laid my body on the couch I was fast asleep and took a little nap. I got up started a load of laundry, straightened up the house then I went to Sonic, to get me a Route 44 diet cranberry-limeade, J a fresh fruit lemon-berry slush with tator tots, his favorite. I picked him up for respite and he was excited when he got in the car and see what was waiting on him. He still wanted my drink but did drink some of us, but he ate ever last one of them tots.

He was tired when he got home so I told him we would skip a bath, I got him ready for bed and was laying in bed waiting on him. Jeremy turned on the bathroom light, had the door 1/2 way opened and I looked to see what he was doing. This was the vision, Jeremy was laying on his tummy on the floor thumping through his magazine. Almost as if to say, Mom I was reading and you turned out the lights. It was so cute. When he got to the bed, as soon as his little head hit the pillow he was fast asleep. Since I had taken a nap I wasn't real sleepy so I laid in bed watching him sleep, his little precious cheek close to mine, listen to him breathing, staring at his cute little angel face and thanking GOD for this little precious boy of mine and how much I love him.

This morning the little doll was up bright & early. When it was time for Misty he kept looking out the bedroom window, I kept telling him she isn't here yet it's not time yet. I didn't see her pull up but he did, we came into the living room and he passed me, opening the door and I said no she isn't here yet and as I was opening up the blinds I could see her walking up. The little turkey seen her pull up.

No comments: