facebook

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our surgery in Columbia, MO

My mom is going with Jeremy and I for his surgery and will stay the entire duration.

We are leaving Thursday, August 5 bright and early at 7am. We have a 3:00pm appointment with Dr. Ramachardun, he wanted to meet Jeremy before the surgery. This will give us enough time if we need to stop and not rush. I have made reservations at the Ecno-lodge in Columbia, it's 5-10 minutes away from the hospital and that evening will take Jeremy to this place called, Going Bonkers. This is going to be the perfect place for J, he can burn up the stored energy from the travel plus he won't be doing this for a while after surgery. We have to be at the hospital on the 2nd floor at 5:30am on Friday, August 6. Jeremy's surgery is scheduled for 7am, but Dr. Dan normally doesn't start his part til 9am, they have to get everything ready for Dr. Dan. The surgery will take approximately 5hours.

I decided to go ahead and get a room at the Ronald McDonald House at 1001 E. Stadium Blvd, Columbia, MO. The RMH is right down the street from the hospital and it is a very easy walk. The hospital room that Jeremy will be in is small so there isn't much room to store clothes. I can keep my clothes, belongings at the RMH. This will give mom a nice, cool, quiet place that she can rest at night. There is also only 1 shower at the RM room on the 6th floor of the hospital. I can go back to the RMH have a private place to rest and shower. My plan is still to stay with Jeremy at the hospital most of the time.

Prayer Request: A safe trip to Columbia, Dr. Dan as he is our primary physician as he prepares to do 2 surgeries on Jeremy, Dr. Ramachardun as he prepares the anterior for surgery, Dr. Kuhns as he prepares to assist Dr. Dan with the spinal fusion, pray for all the nurses, physician therapist that are going to be dealing with Jeremy that they will be sharp, alert and do what is right for Jeremy, pray for Jeremy to stay healthy these next few weeks before surgery, for no paralysis, pray that Jeremy doesn't feel much pain, he remainds infection free, he can rest so he can heal, pray for my mom as she goes with us, pray for me that I can be peaceful, be there for Jeremy, rest so I won't be exhausted and tired.

No comments: