facebook

Friday, October 2, 2009

I want drink.....

Yesterday when Jeremy got off the bus, I was taking him to respite so I had him a small can of spaghetti-o’s (which are his fav) he hands it to me from the back seat and says, “I want drink”, I was so excited, he has never said that before and I told him you want a drink and he goes, “um yea” like yes mom that is what I said. He thought the can of spaghetti-o’s was his can of pedisure they are the exact same size. Jeremy says I want all the time but he’s not always clear on what follows.


I took the opportunity to go to the hospital last night to visit families since Jeremy had respite so when I got home it was time to get our stuff ready for bed. I am truly blessed beyond words, with friends, church, and a support system of people. I had a friend who sent me a sack full of snacks for us to take on our trip to Shreveport. Jeremy got the sack and I agreed to let him have 1 container of gold fish which he loves, so he brought them to bed and we laid in bed, he ate goldfish and would give me a goldfish, he would eat one, give me one, this went on and I had to kiss his little sweet angel face and tell him thank you for sharing.


Today was another new awesome, weather day in Oklahoma. Jeremy got up in another Happy, Awesome mood, he was jabbering, singing on the way to latch-key and it’s funny each day when we pass Wal-mart he says very loudly, “NO” his school is on the turn off right past Wal-mart. We have the talk, and I make it fun saying Jeremy is going to school, they love Jeremy, you are going to learn so much, have fun, see your friends and everyone would be so sad if Jeremy wasn’t there and then he starts laughing.

Please put us on your church prayer list, your prayer list. We leave Monday for our appointment at Shriner’s in Shreveport. I am riding the van since it’s just Jeremy and I on this trip. We will meet with Dr. Richard McCall, Chief of staff at the Spine-scoliosis clinic. I should know details of the surgery, recovery process, the rehab part of it and a surgery date. I’m going to go ahead and schedule the surgery it just makes sense to get it on the books, if something happens and we decide to do it elsewhere it can be cancelled but if that is the place we are to be we are one step in the right direction. I am taking my laptop and will update Monday evening when we get there and settle in. The motel has 24 hour food service so I can order us something there and we can stay inside the room, let him unwind and explore, explore, explore and then we can go walking around the motel. I’ll try to update Tuesday on all the information but it will probably be late Tuesday evening.

The first Friday of October, is always marked for our Central Vo-tech in Sapulpa to sponsor their chili cook-off they do it downtown at our gazebo, it’s like a little festival. You pay $5 and can test all the chili you want. We started about 5 years ago a group of us from the office will walk downtown. It’s fun, social event for me you see lot of people in the town of Sapulpa. It’s just another reminder to me, the cooler temps, the chili cook-off, everything starting to turn colors of my FAV season, we will gear up for fall carnivals, then Thanksgiving (YUM YUM) and then Christmas.
Here are a few pictures of Career day at Jeremy's school, I had to cut out the other children's pictures so that is why there is white.


No comments: