facebook

Thursday, September 2, 2010

1st full day of 5th grade...

Today was Jeremy's first full day of the 5th grade. The little monkey has had all summer he could sleep in but he would get up but this morning he actually went back to bed...go figure. I went in late so he could ride the bus to school as I'm trying to slowly get him back into school. He ate a good breakfast of 2 sausage patties, 1 bowl of oatmeal and a banana cream pedisure. We got dressed in our new school clothes, got into the wheelchair and went outside to wait on the bus. We passed time by him throwing me the ball and me chasing it. When the bus came I put him on the stairs, he walked up the stairs with assistance and sit in his seat. I checked on him through the day, his para sent me a few pictures and updates on him. The story is he only stayed in the wheelchair approximately 30 minutes, spent the rest of the time walking around holding on to things and in the lunch-room he sit at the table. I was not surprised to take a very exhausted, cranky boy off the bus. I had arranged for Shawna one of our HTS to come this evening so I could go visit families. When I got home at 7pm, she said he got up on the couch and would drift in and out of sleep. I gave him a nice warm bath, massaged his legs really good and gave him some children's Tylenol to hopefully help him be able to relax and sleep. Tomorrow is the same routine, and Amanda his PT will be at the school to work with him so I really expect a tired little boy. I thought this would also give him 3 days to recover before starting back Tuesday in full force.

Continue to pray for Jeremy to stay healthy and for continued progress on his muscle building. Pray for Dr. Dan, we go back in 3 weeks for our post-op visit and to see about the spinal fusion.

No comments: