facebook

Friday, September 17, 2010

Life is a roller coaster….

or at least mine seems to be one, but I always loved the roller coaster rides they were my favorite and I'm loving life.

Monday, I was reading the daily notes from J’s teacher. The note stated that Jeremy was dragging his left foot and had an episode where his body was facing one way but his eyes were fixated in a different direction. My mind went straight to OH MY GOSH, he’s had some sort of stroke or his spine has totally freaked out. I am mom and I have retained the, “freaking out rights”. I talked to the Para and she said it was more of him limping but he had a very busy, active day. He was walking fine at home, and I always take off his AFO to give him a break. I asked the PT when she saw him on Tuesday to check the AFO and if it was causing him problems then to leave it off because we have been casted for new ones and he will get them in a few weeks. This roller coaster ride comes to an end.

Tuesday, I received a text from school that Jeremy’s knee was swollen and OK back to the freaking out rights I have retained. I thought OMG he has done something to mess up his knee and hello roller coaster. I called Holly to see if we needed to get it checked out or come see Dr. Dan a little earlier than scheduled, say the word and, my life is also a highway. I gave Jeremy a long nice warm bath and some Advil to help with inflammation. The next day Jeremy’s knee was a little swollen but he was doing fine.

Wednesday, we met our 3 Oklahoma University students who were assigned Jeremy. I always enjoy meeting our new group. I learn from them because they research, they are new eyes on Jeremy and they take a neuro-class which fascinates me. I also like the fact they are getting a front row seat into Jeremy World and the hope that it will impact the way and make them become really family centered therapist. Jeremy got 3 girls this year, he was sure having fun, kept 1 busy throwing the ball all over the house, kept 1 busy by putting her in his room and opening and shutting the door. He then got tickled and couldn’t stop laughing and had everyone laughing. They had already been doing some research on FG syndrome, and Dr. Hoernschemeyer. They are coming back on Monday to observe Jeremy’s during his OT/SLP session.

Thursday, Matt Cobb our positive behavior teacher from ETL was there to get Jeremy off the school bus. I had mentioned earlier we had not seen Matt since we were in Osage Beach. That was in July when my sister, her daughter, Jeremy and I took our mini-vacation all focused around our Pre-op appointment in Columbia. Matt just happened to be in Osage Beach on vacation with his awesome family. Matt was impressed with Jeremy and he didn’t expect him to be moving around so well. Jeremy even went outside to play ball, he refused to climb the stairs to his play-set but had to do his spider-man crawl up his rock wall and back down.

It’s Friday, the roller coaster ride has ended at least for now so I am taking the afternoon off from my OG&E job to catch my breath. I need to go to Tulsa and get some things marked off my to do list before Jeremy gets home, plus the thought of a nice quiet house will give me a good chance to get my OFN computer work caught up. It has been a busy/crazy week at work.

I have motel reservations made for Jeremy and I, this is for next Sunday as we return to see Dr. Dan for our 6 week post-op appointment on Monday. I am excited about the trip, I just think it will be a pretty, lesiurely drive. We are stopping in Versille, MO to visit a special family who came to visit us while J was in the hospital. I can't wait for Dr. Dan to see Jeremy and how much progress he has made since we were released, he has received e-mails, pictures and video but I think putting eyes on him. I want to know how Jeremy's spine looks after his last surgery, how it is healing. I will be at ease when I know his thoughts on the spinal fusion, some details and when.

No comments: