facebook

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The days of living with funny J...

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” Psalm 119:105

Jeremy has been in such an amazing, happy mood and has became quite the little comedian. He wakes up happy (well except for school days he doesn’t like to be woke up at 7am) but once awake he is happy. He has been talking up a storm and back to being a little busy body. Jeremy has not been on ADHD medicine since March and I am loving Jeremy not on the medicine.  He eats good, weighing 47 pounds, talking like crazy, Mr. Personality,active, moving around in the way he can, not afraid to try new things and he sleeps well. Our trip to Columbia was fun, J had so much to say about everything. His favorite word continues to be, “no” but he says it in such a darn cute way and the occasional he throws several “no” into one big "NONONONONO".  Dr. Cyrus found it funny to hear Jeremy say, “NO” or to ask Jeremy a question and he would do his growl or scream but then when you look at him he would laugh.  J had a new nurse last night who was awesome, she got down and played with him, I was able to go to the bank, drop off his prescription, get my check-book balanced, fix a healthy dinner (although my sister informed me you can’t really use healthy and Hamburger helper in the same sentence but I have to disagree, it was whole wheat and I used ground turkey). J worked super hard in therapy and school yesterday. He is standing at his desk on the one leg and doing it longer, he wants down on the floor to crawl, he still does the army crawl but is getting his knees under him, has more control and does occasionally use his knees in the crawl motion. He was cracking me up last night, he got in his backpack in the living room, took out his extra pair of shorts took off to the washer put them in, shut the door and says, “I wash this” it was so funny to watch and after a while he took them out of the washer and put them in the dryer. Mr. Observant who has seen me do this a 100 times and when he was up and mobile it was nothing for him to help me put laundry in the washer, take it out and put in the dryer.

I am grateful for a slow week, it is nice to have a nurse in the evenings to help me out. This means I can do my OFN paperwork, call my parents and not have to save it for when Jeremy was at respite.  Jeremy has no scheduled appointments this week, actually his next scheduled is when we go see Dr. Dan in July.  I have UBC meeting on Thursday and will visit families while I'm at the hospital.  I scheduled an OFN care notebook/supporting parent training on Saturday and then a resource fair to follow. We will celebrate Mother's day on Sunday, get up go to our church then out to my parent's to have a cook-out.
When we first got home in February I was like a duck in the water, I may have seemed calm on the outside but underneath I was paddling for survival.  I was for the most part, stressed, fighting to keep things straight, get Jeremy to all his required appointments, most nights I would literally drop into bed of exhaustion and a nurse would had been helpful.  I'm not sure why it happened that way, what God is trying to teach me, perhaps fully rely on him for strength.  I can say only by the grace and strength through God I made it to this point.  At this time in our life, Jeremy's world has slowed way down and now I have all this help, perhaps it's because I can truly sit back and appreciate the help I'm receiving and fully utilize it to rest.

“Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift”. 2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments: