facebook

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

They that wait upon the Lord....

“They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles.” Isaiah 40:31

I have temporarily went back into the phase of crying out to GOD, with the why’s and it’s not fair. I know God hears me and I know he is healing Jeremy, he is doing it his way, and his time. I am working through the wait upon the Lord for his perfect time, his perfect way and that is the only reason I have any strength.

Jeremy is doing AWESOME, he is being put in the stander more times during the day, longer durations, he chooses to pull up to some things and stands on his own, he is more actively using his knees to crawl in the proper crawling motion. He is being put in the gait trainer at home on weekends, got to admit he’s not overly fond of that contraption and normally when he hears the wheels clicking he says, “NOOOOO”. The nurse situation is going very well, we currently have 3 nurses. Freda is there Mon and Thursday afternoons, Jeremy dearly loves her, she reads to him and treats him like a person not a patient, takes him outside and plays ball with him. Then there is Matt our newest, Jeremy dearly loves him, he takes Jeremy outside also, he’s like a big kid and again treats Jeremy like he is a person just not a patient.


We had a nice leisure Friday evening but hit the floor running Saturday morning. I awoke to a little cold front but it was nice, started laundry, made coffee and Matt arrived at 8am and Jeremy slept until 10am. I got laundry done, fridge/freezer cleaned out, house clean and then had to leave about 11:45am to get things ready for our last Tulsa Sibshops. I had to pick up pizzas, get 500 water balloons filled (not sure where my thinking was because the water balloons are cheap and I ended up busting ½ of them on me so I proceeded to regular balloons that unfortunately do not bust as well, so probably a good thing it was a little cooler that day.) We had 12 super sibs, the children had fun, ate pizza, made up games, talked about people first, the campaign to stop the “R” word, had ice-cream cake. I had my niece’s high-school graduation that night, so I stayed in Tulsa. I am very proud of Brandi Nicole, when she was about 2 or 3 year old, she blurted out an order, “get me something to drink” I commented, you are going to be just like your Aunt Lora, so that started her saying, she was going to be just like her Aunt Lora and I always had her saying, I was her favorite aunt and she was my favorite niece. I arrived home shortly after 10:35pm and my little bug was still wide awake, I think he had to wait to see if I was coming home, because he went right to sleep.

We seen Dr. Cyrus for a re-check on our UTI and he put J on ditropan. This medicine will start Jeremy’s bladder to work, he will then cycle him off and see if his bladder is working on its own. I also asked Cyrus about something for contractures, Jeremy’s muscles are so extremely stiff especially through the night and mornings. He tosses and turns, you can feel his legs twitching, jerking so I know he is having muscle spasms. I have tried, getting him to eat bananas, yogurt, tried Tylenol, Advil, asper-creme and nothing is working for him. Jeremy wakes up each morning with his knees up to his chin and you can’t hardly force his legs straight and it’s hard to cath him in the mornings because his legs are so tight. I know it’s painful for him, he’s isn’t sleeping well. Dr. Cyrus is trying Jeremy on bacoflen, it is a muscle relaxer. I have noticed that Jeremy is sleeping more peacefully, he wakes up stiff but I can stretch him out, he gets down, stands by the bed and then takes off crawling.

“Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.” Psalm 147:5

No comments: