facebook

Thursday, May 5, 2011

“Once you Choose Hope, Anything’s Possible, by Christopher Reeves

I found that saying when I purchased a shirt for a fundraiser to support Isaac Walsh, J's Principal son who was recently diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor.  I remember watching Super-man and thought wow he is such a hero, look at all the people he saved.  I realize there is only one true super-hero that is truly saving all these people and it's my Lord, Jesus Christ, God of my life.  I remember when Christopher had the accident on his horse and suffered a spinal cord injury he became a super-man in person, he never gave up fighting and was an inspiration to many dealing with similar issue. 
 
I live in Jeremy World, this is my reality and life with Mr. Pitt bull, determined Jeremy who spins around the place like Taz.  Taz was my favorite cartoon character, maybe that was why because God knew from the beginning he was going to give me a son like Taz.  J spins around like Taz, leaves a whrilwind of destruction in his path, jabbers like Taz and probably saying, catch me if you can, because I'm on the go and not slowing down for you......   

J's para sent me a text yesterday that he was leaking when she went to change him,we celebrated.  When I was getting him ready for his bath last night he had a wet diaper, he even leaked all over my carpet, we celebrated.  He had a night of legs twitching, him tossing and turning he woke up with a diaper soaked from front to back, we celebrated.  I verbally plead the blood over our house, each night, my heart, soul mind and body, Jeremy's heart, soul, mind and body and then I thank God for the healing he is already doing.  Some people say we evolved from monkeys, but the human body is this complex machine that some physicians who devote their life to studying can't answer questions, the answer is God created this complex body. 

The nurse informed me last night when I got home that J literally climbed his rock wall by using upper body and she supported his lower body.  I told her let him get up there.  J doesn't want to sit in any chair, he can and will get down to army crawl all over the place pretty much all the time.  He is starting to more and more pull his knees up under him and actively use them.    He is also wanting to stand more, he will stand at his desk at school, table at home and yesterday he pulled himself up out of the car-seat on the bus and the driver and assistant helped him to walk as much as he could off the bus.  J has determination and hope.   

We are approaching Mother's day, a day we sit aside to honor mother's.  On August 9, 1999 at exactly 9:00am, after 8 plus years of waiting for God to bless me with a child, I gave birth to a 5 pd 3 oz, 17 1/2 inches long via emergency C-section an amazing little boy, I truly didn't know that day just how amazing he was going to be.  I loved the baby from the moment I found out I was pregnant and so enjoyed the life inside me.  J was born with blondish curly hair, beautiful blue eyes and the moment I was able to see him, look in his eyes through the tears of joy, wondered what was he thinking as he looked at me (he's non-verbal and I still wonder what this boy is thinking).  I'm sure he thought and still thinks, oh this is my mom.  He was always active spinning around like Taz.  I have done my best as Jeremy's mom to lead him back to our creator God, I advocate for him, raise him in a way that will teach him, hope, faith but God uses Jeremy to teach me and keeps using him to lead me back to him.  I will never give up hope in Jeremy, I may get discouraged when things aren't going as fast as I would hope.  Jeremy doesn't give up, typically developing toddlers just wake up one day and start walking, but how many children have had to work so hard and learn to walk 3 times in their lives. 

I wrote this poem for my little angel boy on June 12, 2000, he was almost a year old and we were going through the process of getting major open heart surgery scheduled.  I was scared, he was in congestive heart failure, failure to thrive, had 3 separate heart defects that had to be repaired and I was afraid he wouldn't survive.  I was going to loose him and life live without Jeremy.  

A Mother’s Angel

On Aug 9, 1999 an angel came to earth
He came through the way of a miraculous birth

This angel had blond curly hair and beautiful blue eyes
Instantly his mom fell in love with him and started to cry

He had some problems so intensive care he would stay
He was the best baby there for calm was his way

In the 1st year of life all the tests he would go through
But this angel never complained a trooper so true

God answered the prayers of the people who would pray
God has a special plan and will use him in a wonderful way

He has used him to bring glory and honor to his name
The lives that he touch will never be the same

No matter what he battles and all of the strife
He is the very love of his mother’s life

The angel is a fresh breath of air, a ray of sunshine
He is just a little doll and never does whine

He just has this charisma that draws people to him
When you are around him the world is not dim

He has the cutest smile for anyone around
To hear him laugh and talk is a beautiful sound

So heaven lost an angel on that very special day
But it was to earth’s gain named- Jeremy Ray

Wrote for my little angel boy - Jeremy Ray on June 12, 2000

No comments: