facebook

Friday, August 13, 2010

Release

Jeremy has had an awesome day, Mr. Happy boy woke up smiling, I even got a a picture of him giggling really hard and that was so nice to see him coming back, he found it funny that he could raise and lower the bed. Mike brought by his brace, put it on him and me and PT got him up to sit in the chair, he did stand on his leg and push up briefly. Dr. Dan came by later to look at the brace and was happy with it. I really like this brace, it comes in 2 parts so it is easy to put him in it. He will go back to wearing it 24/7, take off for a bath. Jeremy ate an egg, banana for breakfast hardly touched his oatmeal but for lunch he had a grilled cheese sandwich, all his mashed potatoes w/ gravy and 1/2 fruit cup and he has drank 4 oz pedisure. They turned down his IV fluids so he would drink more, he is at 2% oxygen and then will turn that down. He's doing fine with it. We sit him in the chair for an hour and 1/2 and it wore him out. He is still in recovery mode from the major surgery, plus the pulmonary slowed him down that will get better has he gets stronger.

We are being discharged out to the floor. Dr. Dan came by and said he would come by in the morning, then he was leaving town and would come back up Sunday evening to check on him when he gets back in town and if all goes well we will leave Monday, he said he would feel better with us leaving Monday early so he can be around. He left a message for Dr. Cyrus and they will touch base Monday so he can fill him in on everything. I have the PT set up and we are working on the wheelchair. Dr. Dan also wants to talk to the PT as well to let them know what he is thinking on his therapy.

We will come back to see Dr. Dan in 6 weeks, do X-rays see how Jeremy is healing and we will figure out the plan for the fusion. Dr. Dan still doesn't know why Jeremy's spine mis-behaved.

Prayer request: Jeremy continues to rest so he can heal, I can continue to rest, pray for spinal health for J's spine to start reacting, him regain them muscles in his legs. Continue to pray for Dr. Dan, he has to come up with a new plan for Jeremy.

It meant lot to me that he told me that he has some people praying for Jeremy, I knew he was a Christian and prayed. I told him that I have a friend that keeps sending me Jeremiah 29:11 and I tell her to stop because I know GOD's plan is not always our plan but I wanted Dr. Dan's plan to be our plan. I told him that he doesn't know how many people he has praying for him since we seen, and that he has been on our prayer list at church since February when we saw him plus all over Oklahoma and who knows what other states but that people are getting to know Dr. Dan.

1 comment:

Melissa Ramirez said...

Lora,
Hang in there woman. I know the days are long and the nights even longer, but the pay off will be great. Praying for the whole J Team.
Love ya,
Melissa