facebook

Monday, August 16, 2010

What is a plan?

If someone was to count the number of times on Jeremy's blog or my facebook that I have used the word "plan" starting this time last year you would loose count. We had to come up with a plan to get Jeremy's spine fixed this whole process started this time last year when his spine progressed and we could no longer wait. I am a planner, I am happy when I am planning something, anything and my inner
being is not in sync if I'm not planning. I tend to drive one of my sister's crazy since I have to have a plan. I had time this past week to ponder and it seems like GOD kept leading me back to the word, "plan".

Jeremy was admitted on August 6, underwent successful surgery to release the kyhopsis, the anterior surgery and this had to be done so the spine could straighten. He was to go into halo traction for a week to help the spine relax and straighten naturally on it's own and then on August 13 his spine was to be fused. This was the, "plan". Many of you have been with me during the process of finding who to use and where to go. I have no doubt, and am at total peace that GOD lead us to Dr. Dan Hoernscmeyer and the University of Missouri. I trust Dr. Dan, his expertise into this spinal mystery. I agreed with his plan, I knew he was doing what was best for Jeremy's spine to get it corrected as much as possible and to prevent progression.

I try to be teachable when GOD is speaking to me. I have a friend who keeps sending me Jeremiah, 29:11, "for I know the plans I have for you , "declares the Lord", plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. GOD also has a plan for Jeremy's life. I goggled the definition of plan, "A scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective". Our objective was clear and Dr. Dan had a good plan and he even commented one night he had a plan.

I told him what GOD has been teaching me of plans and how my friend keeps sending me Jeremiah 29:11. I don't know why Jeremy's spine mis-behaved, he don't know why. I had plans to follow Dr. Dan for the rest of Jeremy's life for his spine, I however didn't plan on coming back for the 2nd surgery, I had plans when we left to have his spine surgeries over and done with. I didn't plan to come back for another surgery. I don't have the answer about Jeremy's spine at this time, and Dr. Dan doesn't know what he plans to do. We come back in 6 weeks to see where Jeremy is at and then we will go from there on the spinal fusion.

No comments: