facebook

Sunday, February 6, 2011

An AWESOME, "J" Day.....

It has been a GREAT Jeremy day, he wanted to get up and sit in the chair and sit there most the morning.  PT got him to stand up out of the chair twice, he didn't do any weight bearing but he tolerated it.  He has been flirting all day with his nurse Elizabeth, he really liks her.  He has been giggling, laughing and he even was smiling at Dr. Dan when he came by.  He will take Jeremy back about 7:30am to remove the screw doesn't think it will take a long time, then we will return to the PICU for Jeremy to recover.  He said J would probably go to the floor on Tuesday, with the possibility of going home Thursday but more reality on Friday, which I would take either one.  I heard it's suppose to be 60 degrees on Saturday at home, so that would be great.  He will remove the cathear on Tuesday in hopes that Jeremy can start peeing on his own.  I think the last week was due to his GI tract not working, but he's been having regular bowel movements.  Dr. Dan will visit with Dr. Cyrus Tuesday to recap the surgery, discharge and future plans for Jeremy. 

Sylvia with Pascale's Pals and camera man came by today and we visited for quit some time.  This family took a tough, emotional time and turned it in to help others, which as Christians we are calld to do.  They brought Jeremy this AWESOME new CD player, that swivels, 2 new CD's.  I was touched with all that they went through with their daughter, that my son's story brought a tear to her eye.  MUC is fortunate to have them here and to do so much for the families.  I told her I was touched that an organization would do so much for my son, that meant so much being 6 hours away from home, no family, no church family but for them to take Jeremy and do so much for him touched me.  They video taped me and Jeremy, will play at their annual Gala on March 11 for their fundraiser.  I told her there is a chance we might be here during that time, if so I would love to attend the Gala and she said I could sit with them.  I might have to discuss with Dr. Dan the possibility of when he thinks he's going to bring us back up, if that could be a possible date.  I would really like to attend, I may even have to make it my "weekend" away and come back for it. 

Prayer Request:  Pray for Jeremy to maintain his blood pressure during the removal of the screw, and that he can get the cathear removed on Tuesday.  Pray for Jeremy's leg health as he works to rebuild muscles.  Continue to pray for Dr. Dan as he sends us home and decides when to do the rod placement and spinal fusion.   

No comments: