facebook

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Here is day #25.

We are on day #25 of living life in the hospital.  Jeremy is doing good, blood pressure is stable, he is off all fluids, eating and drinking on his own, pulling off his leads so he is being ornery.  We left the cathear in, because he would need it again on Monday.  I got up this morning and looked over at Jeremy's bed and I could see him wiggling his toes on his own, he still isn't moving his legs unless he is tickled or prompted, he is about the same with PT he is trying to push up on his legs, which is good.  He will need to rebuild muscles.  I'm glad that Dr. Dan didn't leave him laying in bed and got him up so quickly.  Jeremy has been sitting up in the chair all morning and into the afternoon, he is laughing, interacting, flirting with everyone that comes in.  I am restless here, especially this long and the fact I know we are coming back for the rod placement and fusion.  I'm ready to go home, be at home, let J recover at home and school.  I need to get back to work and utilize my brain, I miss OG&E, my co-workers and my work.  I am blessed beyond words with my job, they have all been so supportive all the way up to management.  I need to be dispatching orders, scheduling work, telling the guys what they are going to be doing, working in CADS and SAP software.   

Pray for J's leg health, pray for him as Dr. Dan removes that 1 screw on Monday, for Jeremy to maintain his blood pressure, no blood loss and for Dr. Dan. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Wade said...

Spending months at a time sometimes in the hospital is like this... Like cabin fever? Probably doesn't even begin to describe it... praying for you both!