facebook

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We are back on the floor....

Our resident, Dr. Anz alway comes in about 7-7:30am but it was about 9:20am and I asked our nurse have you heard from the Ortho team, she said no and down the hall he came.  He got closer to me and I said, "what is the deal, you decided to sleep in this morning?"  I apologized later told him I was just kidding, not sure he knew what to think.  Dr. Dan came up right before noon to check on Jeremy, see how things were going, discuss some plans.  He is so patient as I'm sure many days I ask the same questions over and over as I try to understand. 

It was an exciting day.  Jeremy is back on the floor and he enjoyed the ride to a different part of the hospital but I think he thought we were going home.  If he continues as is, we will get discharged to head home on Friday, which will be our 31st day here an entire month which is hard to believe.  I will miss the place and people. you get accustomed to hospital living, seeing the same people day after day, we have made so many new friends here in Columbia, Missouri and they all care so much about Jeremy so it would only be natural to miss them.  I know next week I will find myself, wondering, what are they doing.  I am ready to return to work, just hope I can remember how to do my job.  I think getting J home to some familar surrondings, return to school is going to help his recovery.      

J done well with PT, they got him to move his legs on a sliding board, he's moving them a little more, when she got him to stand he didn't bear any weight but tolerated it longer.  He has been rolling from side to side in the bed, pulling up fairly high on the bed.  J has several visitors throughout the day, they were all excited to see him and didn't know that so many had checked on him while he was in the PICU.  We got our same night nurse we had many nights here, so she is familar with him. 

If you want to see pictures, currently you will have to send me a friend request on facebook because I take most of them with my phone and post to facebook, I then have to save them to J's second surgery file and download to the blog, I just haven't had time.  I plan to get some updated to his blog in the upcoming days/week.    

Today, Jeremy's new friend David, his mom Julie brought us lunch and visited.  Julie also made me a beautiful necklace.  J enjoyed David, laughed at him.

This go around being in Columbia, I have gotten to visit with the mom who told me about Dr. Dan.  Aletha, we had been visiting on facebook, emails, phone for over a year.  She got to come up while Jeremy was in traction to see the master of disaster, brought Jeremy some neat toys, chocolate/peanut butter, she came up the day of surgery, brought me lunch and sit with me until they got J back into his PICU room so she was there for me to cry on her shoulder about what happened, then she came back up on that Monday to visit.  Last friday, I took a trip to Booneville, about 20 miles from  Columbia, and she cut my hair which I needed it so bad, and appreciated it and then we went to lunch.  It was nice to finally get to get to know Aleatha and put a person with all of our visits.  

I was able to make a personal connection with another person I've talked with but never met, Jackie who has helped give me a eye here in Columbia. 

Tonight, the world's best and our favorite resident, Dr. Daniel Robertson stopped back by to check on Jeremy and we visited for a while.  He said he wanted to stop by before we headed back to Oklahoma.  It's always nice to talk to him since he knows Jeremy being involved in the 1st surgery.  I've grown to trust and respect his opinion and can talk very openly with him, like Dr. Dan. 

The plan tomorrow is like today, therapy, get J to pee on his own, continue to do as he is.  I will go fuel up the car, find a car wash to run my car through to wash off some of the sand/salt that has settled on my car, buy some cookies/cupcakes for the Ped's floor staff, therapy staff.  I did the PICU staff on Monday. 

No comments: